Wby Mark V 9 lug light stock

Define "light."

You might contact McMillan, and see if they would make one with their Edge (lightweight) fill.
That's where I would look.

The light would be a stock under the factory synthetic at 2.25 lbs. The rifle, stock, scope and sling total 9 lbs and I'd like it to be 8.5 or less. I've carried it for a couple of hunts and it makes for a sore shoulder by the day's end. All my other rifles weigh 7.75 lbs. or less and I have no problem.

MPI can make you a 12-15oz stock but it’s not going to be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Nolan":xabpbysj said:
The light would be a stock under the factory synthetic at 2.25 lbs. The rifle, stock, scope and sling total 9 lbs and I'd like it to be 8.5 or less. I've carried it for a couple of hunts and it makes for a sore shoulder by the day's end. All my other rifles weigh 7.75 lbs. or less and I have no problem.

Try one of these:

http://www.sloganoutdoors.com/products.html

Their rubber slings are great, and if weight bothers you, consider their larger "magnum" version.

For general field rifles I like their regular ones.
The Sendero and Accumark as well as my son's heavy Bergara are used with the "magnum" sling.

I think you may find that the rifle "feels lighter" with a good sling, and it's FAR cheaper than swapping stocks.

I love those rubber slings. They are not only easier on the shoulder, but you can wear them in multiple ways and the rifle stays put.

I've also started putting my rifle on my pack, with a quick release, if I'm hiking. It helps a bunch.

Thebear_78":2kz2wmsx said:
MPI can make you a 12-15oz stock but it’s not going to be cheap.

I’d like to look at them for my sons 300.

McMillan won’t put EDGE technology in anything over a 300 Win Mag. I’ve tried a few times. Plus, about all they will make for Weatherby is the standard sporter stock.

Brown Precision may make a stock as well. Another good option but not cheap either.

This light mountain stock in their ultra light is as light as they can make.
2cd8a530b76c3b374112d9110a80c555.jpg

This is a 6lb 4oz 375 h&h

Back