WBY MK V BACKCOUNTRY. FINALLY

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Finally got it. Everything is great on it. Very light and 1.7 lbs trigger from the factory. Chambering is 240 Bee with 1:7.5 RPM.

e2lGFTvl.jpg

A4PvUWrl.jpg

atArjUdl.jpg

Damn nice 240! Wish they all had a 7.5 twist. Would make them a lot more useful than just a varmint rifle with a 10 twist...What bullets you thinking to shoot from it?

I would love to get A115 grain ab and/or ballistic tip for this

Yah that's super light at 7#. I know some people love the light rifles, but I've never been a huge fan of them honestly. Hard to hold steady past 500-600 yards for me anyway.

Yup. Requires a special hold. But for the mountains hard to beat

Very nice Fotis!
Under 7 lbs is going to be a joy to carry.
Fast twist is perfect.

JD338

Very nice rifle. I bet that rifle with LRXs or the Hammers would be a demon.

Sweet rifle, can't wait to see how it looks and how it shoots!

gbflyer":1cshzz56 said:
Nice. Hope the LH offerings will grow to include the other chamberings.

I enquired about that and they do add some additional rounds if you go through their custom shop, it adds $100.00 USD above the standard price.. I would absolutely love to have a LH Back Country (the regular not Titanium) in 270 Wby but by the time it came across the border it would have been at least $4000.00 CAD before duty charges.

gerry":akblqszu said:
Sweet rifle, can't wait to see how it looks and how it shoots!

gbflyer":akblqszu said:
Nice. Hope the LH offerings will grow to include the other chamberings.

I enquired about that and they do add some additional rounds if you go through their custom shop, it adds $100.00 USD above the standard price.. I would absolutely love to have a LH Back Country (the regular not Titanium) in 270 Wby but by the time it came across the border it would have been at least $4000.00 CAD before duty charges.
Good info, thanks. I suspect at this time any lefty is going to be based on a magnum bolt face looking at the offerings. For me, a sub-7lb walking rifle and magnum chambering don’t go together. But offer a 7-08, .257 Ackley, 6.5X55 or 6.5 Flatbrim and I’m definitely in. [emoji1]

That is a cool looking rifle sir. That should be a well carrying, far reaching hunting gun. Dan.

Back