Weatherby Mark V 257wm Accumark

I am right now considering both. I'm checking availability on the rem lss. I don't believe it's out yet. I have a weatherby at my local gun shop right now that I can purchase, but I'm in no hurry. Deer season is over and maybe the prices will go down.

I sure will keep you guys posted, but I really like the accumark. I'll just have to make a decision...

GB300wm

I would think the accuracy of the Remington would be very good.

Every M700 I have or have worked with has shot well under MOA, several under .5 MOA.

Pick the rifle you are most comfortable with an dgo enjou your 257 Roy.

JD338

I'm being told that the remington is not available yet. Does anyone know when this rifle will be available? It just came out in their new catalog.

Call Remington Customer Service. My guess is ealy summer.

JD338

A little late here, but the Remington CDL is not the plain CDL, but the CDL Stainless Fluted with a 26" barrel. I really like the looks of that one and think it would make a really nice rifle, IMHO.

Ed

another experience on Weatherby accuracy. I have a .300 in ultralight that wouldn't shoot in 3-4 inches at 100 yards. I called Weatherby and they wanted me to send the rifle to one of their dealer/gunshops in Alabama for a looksee. If the shop couldn't find the problem then it would go to Calif. I wasn't happy with this arrangement and told them so. They said "send us the rifle" which I did. They redid the muzzle crown and the Bedding (subsequently found out that the aluminum bedding block has been a nightmare for weatherby). The rifle came back and after a second conversation with Weatherby I was told to seat my bullets deeper as the freebore makes things work differently. I seated them to max overall length as indicated in the various manuals instead of pushing the bullet as far out as possible. Groups with the 180 Partition and RL22 went into one inch. I'm now very happy.

GB300wm":1posfd7a said:
I'm worried about the 24" tube of the Vanguard and the 257wm caliber. Can accuracy and proper bullet velocity be achieved in a 24" tube??

Don't worry about the 24" Vanguard tube. A friend of mine is shooting 110 Accubonds @ 3,480 fps, 3/4" groups at 200yds and no signs of pressure. Layne Simpson wrote a great article in Shooting Times on the .257, he was getting very close to the same velocities out of a 24" Vanguard as he was his 26" Mark V. In fact one load was even faster in the 24" barrel. The loads were factory and his reloads. I just bought a Vanguard Sub Moa Stainless and I can't wait to see what she will do.

www.shootingtimes.com/ammunition/ST257w ... um_031706/ - 43k -

[/url]

Back