What are you hunting with this year?

Wincheringen":2ntujc7k said:
Christensen Ridgeline 300 Win Mag with 165 Accubonds and a Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 will be my ticket puncher this year. I've got a cow elk tag for the area just south of home.

Nice... (y)

For the AK moose trip I'll be packing my Rifles Inc Lightweight 70 in 300 win mag. It has a 3-12x Huskemaw scope now. I decided to try some factory Nosler 180gr E tip ammo and it averages .75" groups in both my and my friend who is going on the trip's rifles. My gun shoots plenty of groups with it under .5" when I have a good day and conditions are good. My rifle is shooting it at 2896fps and I shot it at 300 and 600 yards on several occasions and recorded data to have a custom turret built for my scope. I really don't think I'd want to shoot game past 550 at the most, preferably not past 500 to keep plenty of velocity up with the E tip. I don't expect long shots on this moose trip but I should draw a Wyoming elk tag next year and shots tend to be really close or over 400yds where I hunt.

For deer season around home I'll likely use my heavy custom M70 264 win mag. I need to get a scope figured out for my old reliable sporter weight 264 after having tracking issues with the one that's on it. The heavy one is shooting 143gr ELD-X bullets at 3240fps really well. It has a 5-30x56 Huskemaw that's way more scope than I need, but I got a great deal on it. It gathers light extremely well for those last light shots.

Antlerless season I will likely use my custom M70 25-06 with 110gr Hornady ELD-X bullets at 3050fps. It shoots those very well but I don't have any game experience with them past a couple coyotes. I want to try them out during doe season. If they don't perform as I'd like I'll either go back to my handloaded 100gr Sirocco bullets or one of my 243's with 90gr Accubonds or 85gr Speer or Sierra boattails.

Predators I'll use what I feel like. Spots where I might get a bobcat I'll go with the AR in 223 or bolt gun in 204. Early in the year the AR will likely get most of the use calling, later in the year I'll go to the 243's or 25-06 bolt guns as they get smarter. I really want to get a 22 Nosler upper for coyote calling but haven't yet.

cloverleaf":1wtsvpph said:
Goodness that is a beautiful rifle! Custom, or did you just get lucky? CL
If you are referring to my Henry...no, nothing custom. That's just what came from the factory. But most everything I've seen from them is well above average. They make good stuff, by all accounts. I love mine, and one of my hunting buddies will take delivery of his this week. He bought the Big Boy brass frame in .44 mag.

Cheers,
Brian

I'll be using my 700sps 300WSM for deer and elk since I believe my wife has confiscated my Tikka 270Win. I'll be carrying my 700adl 243win for deer also. Marlin 336 30-30 and 1895 45-70 will also see ample field time. I've been in fishing mode all spring and summer but now that the mornings are getting cooler, I can feel a few symptoms of hunting fever starting to take hold.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For deer I will use the families new rifle Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. If I actually get to hunt elk it will be with my Colt Light rifle in 300 wm.

Corey

I'll be heading out using my new 26 Nosler for mule deer and my 30 Nosler for elk.

30 Nosler - 180AB

26 Nosler - 140AB

Back