Votes: 0 0.0%

• 7mm

• Total voters
A heavy 264 for us magnum shooters in the 145-150g weight range to compliment your 130g AccuBond which seems to have been a compromise already to the 6.5/284 and 260 Rem shooters.

I would like to practice with ballistic tips that matched e-tips. My interests would be

7mm 120 with 140 as a second choice
.257 100

Nosler should bring out the bullets in the order of sales. They already have to know what sells the best bullet wise so just bring out the next best seller.

The idea is to make money and to satisfy the most customers.

It seems that 7mm is the highest vote getter here.

To be frank my guess would have been another .30 caliber bullet. If thats the case I would ask for another caliber first. Perhaps a 140 gr 7mm would be middle of the road for a mono bullet.

Savage99":3b6ihb9f said:
Nosler should bring out the bullets in the order of sales. They already have to know what sells the best bullet wise so just bring out the next best seller.

The idea is to make money and to satisfy the most customers.

It seems that 7mm is the highest vote getter here.

You bring up a very valid point. 7mm is indeed very popular but I wonder if its just with us here on the forum. It might just be that the most popular bullet for reloaders is 30 cal 180 grs. Makes you wonder....... :)

My guess is that the next offering will be a 7mm cal 150 gr E-Tip.

JD338

JD338

According to most die maker sales the 7mm rem mag is the most popular magnum :wink:

After getting the most popular weights taken care of I would like to play with a heavy (around 120 grains) .257 with a true bc of at least .5.

Seems like something like that moving at 3200 fps would be most impressive.

Scandinavian shooters like myself want .264 bullets that weighs 140 grains. We need bullets in 6.5mm that weighs at least 140 grains in order to legally shoot anything bigger than Roebucks. So Nosler, Please! :!: :lol: :!:

KV":n52dbbqm said:
Scandinavian shooters like myself want .264 bullets that weighs 140 grains. We need bullets in 6.5mm that weighs at least 140 grains in order to legally shoot anything bigger than Roebucks. So Nosler, Please! :!: :lol: :!:

We are aware of this problem and are working on helping out our Scandinavian hunters and shooters. See how well we listen to our customers. :grin:

7mm 140g
I wonder how many of you have tried the E-Tip? I have and think they're great but there has not been much on this site (feedback on performance). I found the E-tips to be as good if not better than the ballistic tip (for flight) and they really do stay together better than the ballistic tips (mass retention). I usually get a ~30% mass loss with the ballistic tips and are now collecting samples of the E-tip to evaluate mass loss. It's looking like 3-5% so far. That's the best I've ever seen with any hunting bullet.
Mike
Hey Nosler, How have the E-tips been selling?

I would like to see a 225gr 35 cal, 165gr 30 cal and a 140 gr 6.5mm (or 130 gr if that bullet will be too long to stabilize).Those would cover my 35 Whelen, 30-06 and 264 win mag nicely. For my 260 and 6.5x55 a 100-120 gr bullet would be nice.

I would have to vote for a 225gr .338, think that would have a very high BC. making for a flat shooting elk gun with some stopping power. After that I would love to see a 130-140 gr .277 and a 260 gr .375.

I concur, a 225 gr 338 cal would be an excellent choice.

JD338

JusMo":wz2hcslj said:
KV":wz2hcslj said:

We are aware of this problem and are working on helping out our Scandinavian hunters and shooters. See how well we listen to our customers. :grin:

I must say I am impressed, sounds great!!!

kv

Why not make a real big game bullet: a 330 gr .375 ?
Non-lead bullets are usually longer than traditional bullets, or else I would suggest 350 gr.

Only option now is Woodleigh 350 gr if one wants a heavier bullet than the traditional 300 gr.
A bullet heavier / longer than traditinal 300 gr bullets will give better ballistics in .375.

I would like to see a 235-240gr .375 cal. E-tip. Nosler all ready has the middle to heavy range covered with the AccuBond and Partitions at 260gr - 300gr.

The E-tip would have a better B.C. than the 235gr TSX I'm currently using in my 375 H&H. At 2900 fps, this would be great for deer and elk sized game out to 300 yards ... it would open up quickly on deer and penatrate deeply on elk. Pluss, with it's monometal construction, it would hold together well on those really close shots at near max velocity.

In response to the E-Tip pole my vote is for a .338 diameter bullet. In my humble opinion there is a necessity here for a bullet with the ability to maintain its ability to penetrate at extreme velocity, such as would be necessary on big bears, yet have a great B/C to compliment the downrange capability of the modern day large capacity cartridges. Last, but never the least, accuracy is a desireable trait as there are some "tough" bullets available but I have never had any success at getting acceptable accuracy out of them.

Back