What do you keep your "stuff" in?

I have a liberty safe too . it has the common problem I read about , it's too small . LOL I also have an old gun cabinet from my Grandpap , that my Mom gave me when her Dad passed . I raised the top of it so I could keep my long barrel gun in it . since I bought the Grandson a couple rifles , it has the same problem as the safe , it's too small . I'm starting to see a pattern here .

P5280573.JPG

I don't have the sliding glass doors on it yet in this pic .
P5290581.JPG

Last edited:
I have a liberty safe too . it has the common problem I read about , it's too small . LOL I also have an old gun cabinet from my Grandpap , that my Mom gave me when her Dad passed . I raised the top of it so I could keep my long barrel gun in it . since I bought the Grandson a couple rifles , it has the same problem as the safe , it's too small . I'm starting to see a pattern here .

View attachment 19797

I don't have the sliding glass doors on it yet in this pic .
View attachment 19798
I bet it was the right size when you bought it. They tend to shrink a lot with age.

I have a Liberty 30 long gun safe. with a 40 min fire rating. My youngest daughter works at tractor supply, Someone was unloading it and put a pretty good gouge in the side with the forklift, it was strictly cosmetic, mostly paint and a little crease in the metal about 6 inches from the bottom. Her manager offered it to me for a steal, so grabbed it up. Me and 2 sons in law wrestled it into a closet, and the flaw isn't visible. But It's now getting a little crowded, so I'm hinting maybe she should get a little careless on the forklift with a 70 gun model..LOL. Remember we we felt safe displaying our long guns in locked gun cabinets with glass doors?

I have a Liberty 30 long gun safe. with a 40 min fire rating. My youngest daughter works at tractor supply, Someone was unloading it and put a pretty good gouge in the side with the forklift, it was strictly cosmetic, mostly paint and a little crease in the metal about 6 inches from the bottom. Her manager offered it to me for a steal, so grabbed it up. Me and 2 sons in law wrestled it into a closet, and the flaw isn't visible. But It's now getting a little crowded, so I'm hinting maybe she should get a little careless on the forklift with a 70 gun model..LOL. Remember we we felt safe displaying our long guns in locked gun cabinets with glass doors?
I had a Liberty, great safe. You got yourself a bargain Howie.

JD338

I've taken up collecting axe handles. I have a carousel type holder that has a heavy bearing in the bottom that allows it to spin. Holds 16 axe handles upright and is handy because it's small in diameter but makes good use of its space. Also have a cabinet that holds 11 handles. Some of my axe handles are in boxes and those are stored underneath things.

I like the older wooden axe handles and not these new fiberglass and plastic ones. Short ones, long ones, heavy ones, light ones..........one never knows what kind of axe handle he's gonna need or want to use on a given day. It's a never ending hobby. There's a lot of axe handles out there to find yet. (y)

I've taken up collecting axe handles. I have a carousel type holder that has a heavy bearing in the bottom that allows it to spin. Holds 16 axe handles upright and is handy because it's small in diameter but makes good use of its space. Also have a cabinet that holds 11 handles. Some of my axe handles are in boxes and those are stored underneath things.

I like the older wooden axe handles and not these new fiberglass and plastic ones. Short ones, long ones, heavy ones, light ones..........one never knows what kind of axe handle he's gonna need or want to use on a given day. It's a never ending hobby. There's a lot of axe handles out there to find yet. (y)
I don’t know how many hickory and ash handles I’ve cut up to make strikers. Guess our hobbies are attempting to cancel each other. 😂😂

What will end up happening is you'll start putting long guns upsidedown in-between guns. And you're going to get a few dings too.
At least that's what I have read on Google.... 😉

JD338
I’ve also read that gun socks are cheap and prevent those safe dings.;)

Back