What have you taken moose with?

338 RUM with a 250 gr PT

My wife shot her bull with her 280AI and a 160 gr PT. Both were taken on our huntingmoon in Newfoundland.

JD338
A couple of lovely Newfoundland moose, Jim. Great reminder. A "huntingmoon!" Now, that is worth writing about! (y)

A couple of lovely Newfoundland moose, Jim. Great reminder. A "huntingmoon!" Now, that is worth writing about! (y)
Mike,
Here is the story of the Huntingmoon Moose Hunt. We are ready to go back!

JD338

Mike,
Here is the story of the Huntingmoon Moose Hunt. We are ready to go back!

JD338
I remember the hunt, Jim. I didn't recall the "Huntingmoon" part of the account, however. Guess my mind is turning to applesauce. I sure hope you do get to go back. Moose can definitely be one of the finer meats to be served on any table. And Dan and Rol are two of the finest men anyone can spend time with.

I added another moose to the tally yesterday; tasty young 2 year old bull at 80 yards with the 338 Federal. Feels good to have christened the new rifle on game! Will be dining on tenderloin with my daughter on Thursday as her and her beau are coming up to go hunting next weekend.

Congratulations Gil, way to go!
Post a picture of that lil butterball bull.

JD338

Good stuff guys! Noticed in the non magnum moose kills there tends to be a common theme with a 30-06 and 180 partitions.

35 Whelen. 73" and all those points and big paddles. Good gracious what a moose.

Good stuff guys! Noticed in the non magnum moose kills there tends to be a common theme with a 30-06 and 180 partitions.

35 Whelen. 73" and all those points and big paddles. Good gracious what a moose.
Wow. You aren’t kidding.

don’t wind them up about that 06 ST…. Sheesh, that’ll be all we hear about round here:LOL:

Wow. You aren’t kidding.

don’t wind them up about that 06 ST…. Sheesh, that’ll be all we hear about round here:LOL:

Ha! I know. :D When you hear somebody like 35 Whelen say dozens that I'm assuming he's aware of personally, it really does put into perspective all the things that one cartridge that most people can handle, is utilized effectively for.

Ha! I know. :D When you hear somebody like 35 Whelen say dozens that I'm assuming he's aware of personally, it really does put into perspective all the things that one cartridge that most people can handle, is utilized effectively for.
For sure. It’s a good one.

but really…. Don’t egg them on….:LOL:

Back