What have you taken Turkey with?

3 or 4 guys in the lease , used the stevens 410 single shot shotgun, for turkey hunting . they all used TSS ammo . they killed in the 20's , and 30's yards . one guy says he took a bird at 72 yards . they say his dead bird had one pellet in the neck . he hung a 12" x 16" target and shot it at 72 yards , there was only three pellets in the target . I'm not sure I buy the story . if it's true there was a lot of luck involved .

I'm a 3.5" 12 gauge guy .

Here in Georgia a muzzleloading rifle is a legal turkey weapon. I don't/won't shoot at a gobbler a hundred yards away. Over 20 years ago I built a .40 caliber flintlock to be my dedicated turkey rifle and with it I've taken over twice as many gobblers as I did previously with shotguns.
I have never had to shoot over 30 yards to get my bird. Never shot at one twice.
Besides just loving the old flintlocks the excitement of calling one in and making the shot is still just as strong as ever.
SS850183.jpg

Here in Georgia a muzzleloading rifle is a legal turkey weapon. I don't/won't shoot at a gobbler a hundred yards away. Over 20 years ago I built a .40 caliber flintlock to be my dedicated turkey rifle and with it I've taken over twice as many gobblers as I did previously with shotguns.
I have never had to shoot over 30 yards to get my bird. Never shot at one twice.
Besides just loving the old flintlocks the excitement of calling one in and making the shot is still just as strong as ever.
SS850183.jpg
A lovely bird taken with a beautiful firearm. Congratulations.

SS850183.jpg
There are literally no words to describe how amazing that looks to me.

Back