What's the BC of Nosler SHOT Projectiles

deerndingo

Beginner
Mar 31, 2006
They market a very good projectile here called Nosler SHOT. The kangaroo hunters use them because they are so accurate and do a great job opening up on the target.

Can't find the BC for these projectiles. Can anyone answer this question.

Thanks

never hear of them ,can you give us a caliber?...jjmp nosler can you help us ???

I believe they might be for muzzleloaders. Am I correct?? I am unaware of the BC. Maybe a phone call to Nosler would help.

Sounds like they are just for the Aussi market like one guy told me. When i get an answer I will post it. So far I have been told they have a BC of about .230. Apparently the SHOT stands for sport, hunting or target.

I just had a post from an Aussi hunting forum and one guy quoted from the latest Nick Harvey reloading manual as follows:

50gr. Spitzer SD 0.142 BC 0.195
52gr. HPBT SD 0.148 BC 0.221
55gr. Spitzer SD 0.157 BC 0.219

They are only in .224. Apparently they are great 300 yd head shot vehicles. Head shots are a must for professional kangaroo shooters. They are fined $300 for anything other than a clean head shot. So far I have been told that's what SHOT projectiles are designed for.

G-day i live in south australia, iv been shooting for 24 years and haven;t herd of them. woodduck

Guys,

I bought a couple bags of the 50 gr SHOTS .224 cal from Shooters Pro Shop about 1.5 yrs ago. I loaded some up in my M700 VLS in 22-250 Rem to try on coyotes. I shot a 3 shot group that measured .184" c/c
at 100 yds. Never shot any yotes with them yet but they are very accurate bullets. They are a leaded tip soft point with a flat base cup and core design.

JD338

MM they sound abit like the old nosler solid bace bullet that were around back in the 80s, before the Ballistic Tip took the word by storm, and i see theyv made a come back. I remember using the 60 grain soft point in my 22-250 imp on goats with 90% one shot kills even a 300 yards,
I wouldent use any thing else! and then they vanished off our market much to my displeasure.

woodduck,

These SHOTS bullets are standard cup and core flat base bullets.
No boat tail and no solid base.

JD338

JD338":1lm1ywx1 said:
Guys,

I bought a couple bags of the 50 gr SHOTS .224 cal from Shooters Pro Shop about 1.5 yrs ago. I loaded some up in my M700 VLS in 22-250 Rem to try on coyotes. I shot a 3 shot group that measured .184" c/c
at 100 yds. Never shot any yotes with them yet but they are very accurate bullets. They are a leaded tip soft point with a flat base cup and core design.

JD338

Huh! Learned something new!

Back