Which rifles this season?

Rifles Inc custom 300 win with a 180gr Nosler E tip got a AK caribou in September. The shot was 300 yards standing, using my Slik 634 tripod with the Outdoorsmans pan head and rifle rest.

Flint Hills Gun Works 264 win mag with a 140gr AccuBond or Berger (playing with loads again) will hopefully get a whitetail in December.

Past that it's coyotes with whatever is in the truck. Calling will mostly be done with the DPMS Prairie Panther AR. Hornady Superformance 73gr ELD-X matched up with a Burris Eliminator 3 all tuned to the load.

My custom Ruger M77 243 is shooting great with Hornady Supeformance 58gr V max ammo, it will get some coyotes too. Great truck or UTV gun for calving season when there is not time to range, just a hope they stop for a split second or else a moving shot. Those little bullets are scooting!

mcseal2":2uoh91qf said:
Rifles Inc custom 300 win with a 180gr Nosler E tip got a AK caribou in September. The shot was 300 yards standing, using my Slik 634 tripod with the Outdoorsmans pan head and rifle rest.
Well congratulations, Health! Where are the pictures of that caribou or did I miss them? Sounds as though that E tip worked well for you. I have thought about trying them in my 300 WSM.

Regards, Allen

This year my 270 and 308 have earned the spots at the front of the line. 130gr E-Tip at 3128fps from the 270 Win, and 150gr Partition at 2917fps from the 308 Win. I’ve just spent more time with them this summer and love the feel if their wood stocks. Slim fore end and thin in the grip.

This year planning on using the Bergara 7mm08 and Rem. 760 35 Rem. 7mm08 was new last year and the 35 has been getting lonely. Dan.

Ugh, I’m thinking P64 270 Win, M7600 280 Rem and M7600 35 Whelen for deer.

The P64 30-06 counted coup earlier.

Mike, man, the 325 WSM went to another home! Hope you’ll get to visit it.

SJB358":1niu7tp9 said:

Yeah, and the 350 Rem Mag went out the door Sunday afternoon. I had that thing delivering a 200 grain TSX at 2750 into 0.3 inch consistently. However, a young lad wanted it enough to spend his hard-earned cash for it. I've got another fellow looking at another of my prized rifles. I'm thinning the herd.

Well we are headed to the family farm in NW Missouri next weekend for deer season. I’m taking the 26 Nos for a long shot across a field, taking the 6.5 CM for when my boy is along with me, the muzzle blast off the 26 is ungodly. We will have ear protection but it’s still loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headed out tomorrow afternoon for 9 day general rifle elk. Spikes only but on the 26th of October I had 5 on my camera. It a long shot but weirder things have happened. Will be packing my 338 rum. Both of them go for the trip. One a tried and true elk killer, the other a maiden voyage. Will see how it plays out, there an awful nice lion I have on camera. Found this herd cutting firewood. Put cams on them and have watched all summer. Time will tell , good luck to everyone this season.

DrMike":1unn5iht said:
SJB358":1unn5iht said:

Yeah, and the 350 Rem Mag went out the door Sunday afternoon. I had that thing delivering a 200 grain TSX at 2750 into 0.3 inch consistently. However, a young lad wanted it enough to spend his hard-earned cash for it. I've got another fellow looking at another of my prized rifles. I'm thinning the herd.

They are definitely getting some great rifles.

str8meat":1unn5iht said:
Headed out tomorrow afternoon for 9 day general rifle elk. Spikes only but on the 26th of October I had 5 on my camera. It a long shot but weirder things have happened. Will be packing my 338 rum. Both of them go for the trip. One a tried and true elk killer, the other a maiden voyage. Will see how it plays out, there an awful nice lion I have on camera. Found this herd cutting firewood. Put cams on them and have watched all summer. Time will tell , good luck to everyone this season.

Good luck to you!

Well I won't be making it out myself due to travel restrictions and being back north of the border.
But if did make it out with my daughter for an early youth deer hunt for a couple days and she was carrying her Ruger m77 in 260 Rem w/129gr
if I were able to go
30-06 Sako w/165 AB for elk
260 Sako w/143 ELDX for deer

Back