Which Scope guys? Let's hear your thoughts

rmarshall

Handloader
Mar 10, 2010
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42, VX II 3-9x40 or Minox ZA3 3-9x40
I can get the monarch for 300 a great deal i think, the vxII they are just a solid no fail scope and i am hearing good reports on the minox. let's hear it pros-cons etc.

I am a Leupold guy. World class customer service IF you ever need it.

JD338

I don't think you can go wrong, but the Monarch and Minox are better coatings than the VXII Leupold.

JD338":2bx3u450 said:
I am a Leupold guy. World class customer service IF you ever need it.

JD338

Me too...I can not help it. That said there is no wrong choice in your list.

I have a vxII 3-9x50 that i really like and it has been a no fail scope, just wondering if the newer vxII and nikon and minox have better glass. thanks guys for the comments and please keep them coming

...put 'em up side by side. I have Leupolds & Nikons. Leupold reticles are finer & seem more defined, they don't look as "bright" as the Nikons, but the definition seems better, & they have the "old" lock ring focus. The nice big, soft rubber "FastFocus" eyepiece on the Nikons has been more of a "FastUnfocus" in my experience, anytime they touch something they move. I'm convinced you can move 'em by looking @ 'em sideways. I like Nikon scopes, but prefer the Leupolds, & have been, slowly, replacing the Nikons...

Everyone's eye is different...I think "Euro" glass is the best out there even in the lower priced makes and models. I have several Leupolds, but prefer Zeiss, Lecia, Swarovski and Minox optics. The models I have are not anywhere near the top of the line products.

Personally having owned and used all three, I would buy the Minox first, Leupold second and Nikon a distant third. Maybe I got a bad one but I ended up selling my 2010 Nikon Monarch (Philippines made) at a loss. It was not nearly the scope even that the VXII is, IMHO.

I am not anti-Nikon, I own 3 of their SLR's, several lenses and a Nikon spotting scope.

I'll tell you right now, if you like to have your scope pretty far forward, the Minox will give you problems with standard mounts. I ended up having to go to a Picatinny rail to get it far enough forward.

You probably can't go to far off course with your 3 picks. I don't know anything about Minox. I think that the Bushnell 4200 Elite beats out the Leupold and Nikon in clarity and value however I wouldn't turn away any of them. I would buy the Elite, however.

That Minox will be hard to beat. Very clear scope and seems to be pretty tough as well. Scotty

I've used 8x56 Swarovski, Schmidt & Bender & Zeiss scopes & 10x42 Swarovski bins. all my shooting life. Brilliant after sales service on all 3 should you damage your scope or just need a service.
None of them have ever failed in any way.
Expensive, but damn good & 30+ year warranties with all of them.

257 Ackley said:
Everyone's eye is different...quote]

Yep, let your eyes decide first, then research the factory warranty/support and then make an informed purchase.

Rod

I would go with Leupold US made and great customer service best in the business :grin:
I am not sure if glass is made in the US but I quite sure it is assembled there.

blessings,
Dan

Actually, the Minox scope is assembled in theu USA as well, as as the Conquest scope and both use Schott Glass lenses.

Oldtrader3":3hkkebde said:
Actually, the Minox scope is assembled in theu USA as well, as as the Conquest scope and both use Schott Glass lenses.

That made me feel pretty good about the Minox Charlie. Good to see that label "Made in the USA" on products I buy. Scotty

Back