Who has experience with the Shooter app?

ACLakey

Beginner
Aug 11, 2008
I purchased the Shooter app last year and so far it has been a lot of fun and a frustration at the same time. I was hoping someone with more experience could chime in and help me out. I am shooting the following

223AI 1:9 twist
75gr Amax
Range altitude 3850'
Temp at sight in 55F
Bar at sight in 29.50
Velocity 3020 SD 10

I am running the bullets with Varget powder so I have been ignoring the powder temp correction, with it I would be several MOA off at different temps.

I also found that running the G7 BC that I was much closer to what I observed in the field. I observed that the look angle makes quite a bit of difference in my bullet impact per the calculations. Yesterday I went to the range and the conditions were as followed

Temp 35F
Wind Still
Altitude 3850
Bar 27.90

According to my G1 BC of .435 at 600 yards I was at 12.2 MOA up and with another calc using the G7 BC I was 10.5 MOA up. I found the 10.5 MOA solution to be on and checked at 650 yards and got a correction of 12.2 which was also on.

I guess my questions are as follows.

Do you guys ignore the power temp when using a temp insensitive powder like Varget?

What other parameters are you messing with in different temperature conditions to get a correct adjustment.

I am a little frustrated in the fact that I have to mess with everything each trip out to get a drop at 600 yards. To be fair I have only tried the G7 BC once now which seems to be much more accurate for me.

if you know the bar pressure leave the altitude on zero, cause its a moot point. sight in at say 200, then on a large target shoot at 300, 500, and 600 yards without changing the sope, measure your actual drops, then look at your chart, adjust the G1 BC until the chart matches your actual drops and use that corrected BC. If your MV, temp, and BP are correct it has to be your BC value is wrong, get the correct BC value and you can hit way beyond 600 yards.
RR

I can run our load through my exbal program if you would like. It is very accurate at long ranges.

I was having some ejection issues with the rifle that I could not correct so it is at the smith right now. When I get it back I will be gathering more data, thanks for the replies.

Back