Who makes a 6mm Rem?

The 6mm is to good to have to ask a question like that. More manufacturers should chamber it. I don't get it, its like a .243, but better!

Good luck with this one! I don't think the 6mm Remington is currently offered. I checked Remington, Ruger and Savage and they don't even list the 6mm Remington.

I think you are going to have to look at used or a custom.

JD338

6mm Remington: Montana Rifle Company- Kalispell Montana Check them on the internet! $1995.00 -$3000.00 http://www.montanarifleco.com
Cooper Arms- Stevensville, Montana http://www.cooperfirearms.com

Grizzly custom guns Columbia Falls Montana http://www.grizzlycustom.com

Bob Peterson Missoula, MT Builds a great rifle on an action you would supply, your choice of barrel, trigger, and stock. Great guy and meticulous work. (406)728-3001 (406)243-6580

Doug Wells Lock, Stock, and Barrel Huson, MT. Does wonderful work, great guy. (406) 626-4152

Sounds like their are a lot more folks such as myself out there that would really like to see some of the standard factories such as Ruger, Remington, and Winchester chamber the 6mm Remington. Both Ruger and Remington have e-mail sites you can go on and make your wish/desire/dream list. I have been doing this to them about once a month. I guess I'll just have to write Winchester letters and or call them. If enough of us get going on this, maybe we could make it happen again. Here is what I've said to them, short and sweet.

Remington: If you would only chamber two of your Model 700's for the .280 Remington and the 6mm Remington, make it the 700 CDL Stainless if possible with a laminate stock, 24" barrel. The second being the 700 MTN Rifle stainless laminate, but instead of a 22" barrel, make it a 24".

Ruger: Two Models please: .280 and 6mm Remington in the Ruger Model 77 Hawkeye sporter with the laminate stock and the Ruger #1B in either the wood and blue or the laminate and stainless. One more suggestion, make a Model called the #1BL and instead of the medium heavy barrel, use your standard contour barrel and even possibly shorten the 26" tube to 24" for just a bit more weight savings. Everything else stay the same.

Winchester: Model 70, one model and one alone! Model 70 Extreme Weather SS with the Bell & Carlson custom stock with the aluminum bedding block!

Can we have some agreement here guys!! :grin: :p

004.jpg

Pops here are a couple 6mm's for you. Middle is a Remington Model 600 Centennial made in 1964 Serial number MC0570. Bought brand new in 1968 by my father and given to me in 1972 for my first big-game rifle. 75th Anniversary of Montana Statehood and 100th of the Montana Territorial Centennial. Now belongs to my son Jeff.

Lower Ruger #1B is also a Centennial made in 1976 for the 200th Centennial of the United States of america.

Pops I'll just add that the top Ruger #1B is a plain old 30-06 with a standard old 4x Leupold scope with the duplex crosshairs. With my load of 57.4 grs of IMR4350 and 165 gr. Partition or AccuBond, it shoots 1/2-3/4" groups at 100 yards, at 2940 fps clocked with a chronograph!

The groups below were shot with that homely looking 6mm #1B with just a simple 6x42 Leupold with the duplex crosshairs at 100 yards. I was comparing my IMR4350 load with some loads I was working up with H4831SC just for fun to see if it did any better. Velocity's almost identical and groups you can see for yourself. The small squares are 1/4 inch!

RifleGroups002.jpg

I could see Remington doing the 6mm in their "special edition" type rifle within the next few years.

What a great round -
POP - too bad this wasn't a year ago or so - the little hole in the wall shop in Ft Collins had a new Rem 700 laminated varmiter style on the shelf.

Yup the VLS. Nice gun but what a piggie!!!! :mrgreen:

Yeah, as a long-time fan of the 6mm Rem (since 1974, still have that rifle) I'm a little sad to see the chambering has finally died out among factory rifles. I've got a good supply of brass though and...

Any of us can order a Krieger, Hart, Lilja or other high quality barrel & have it chambered for this little jewel of a cartridge! If the factory won't make it, make it yourself.

If you can't find a 6mm Remington, (which is really sad) bump up the bore diameter from .243 to .257 and look for a 257 Roberts.

JD338

Wonder if Nosler would consider making the 6mm an optional chambering in their rifle?

pop I got a lead on something you might be interested in I will PM you then you can share with all if you choose you may have seen this elsewhere

how about a a 700 classic at least one styled after the 700 classic grice has a special run of these google grice gun shop

nitis":3jov2ql6 said:
how about a a 700 classic at least one styled after the 700 classic grice has a special run of these google grice gun shop

For some reason I was thinking those were BDLs... I'll have to take another look.

they are basically a bdl but they have the classic stock the one with the straight comb and matte finish

Back