Who makes a modern 6.5x55?

I have a Ruger No.1 A in 6.5x55 that Lipsey's had built a few years ago that is a fine shooter. I'm a pretty big fan of .25/06s so the 6.5x55 is right with it in terms of recoil and game usage. I also have a 6.5 Creedmoor in a purpose built target rifle and it is a very capable cartridge. I'm tempted by the new Hawkeye Predator which has the awesome two stage trigger in it.

Straight from the Montana Rifle Company. You can get both the 6mm Remington and the 6.5x55 if you want and this is the amount it would cost. It's not a lot more than the rounds they more commonly chamber for.

Hi David,

Thanks for your support, the prices would be as followed:

ASR- Blued for either caliber $1470.00. Plus shipping

X2 – Stainless for either caliber $1499.00. Plus shipping

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Larry

Larry Craven

Sales Manager

Montana Firearms Group Like us on Facebook

3178 MT Hwy 35

Kalispell, Montana 59901

(406) 756-4867 Ext 206 (Office)

(406) 756-4874 (FAX)

www.montanarifleco.com

larry@montanarifleco.com

thanks guys for the replies, all good info, I really like the 6.5 cartridges, I shoot a limited run ruger hawkeye stainless 260 rem, It's a great rifle, just looking at other options for another one. the creedmoore sounds pretty good, as the old sweed does. What about Forbes rifles, I see they are or were making a 6.5 Swedish, 24" barrel with a 1-8 twist. Are they any good? Seen some pretty good reviews. thanks again

I picked up a Browning X Bolt Hunter in 6.5x55 from Grices Gun Shop in PA. It was a limited run. I've been very pleased with it. It loves Nosler Trophy Grade Ammo. They may still have some.

Nice! Great score!!

Any pictures of the rifle. Sounds like a sweetheart.

Your reminding me on how much I've been slacking with the little Featherweight I've got kicking around.

rmarshall - your .260 is a great cartridge and the Creedmore or Swede will not do much if anything more than it does with similar weight bullets. What you need to do is get a 6.5 barrel burner like a .264 WM to see much improvement in velocities. A 140 grain bullet in all three of the smaller calibers will be in the 2560 - 2660 FPS. The same bullet in one of the bigger cases will skip along around 3200 FPS. :grin:

I kick myself for not buying a mint Sako m75ss 6.5x55 I seen last year. Would of been great for the collection and a rifle for one of my boys.

Mighty Peace":3tl062qu said:
I kick myself for not buying a mint Sako m75ss 6.5x55 I seen last year. Would of been great for the collection and a rifle for one of my boys.
Yes you should be beaten about the head and shoulders for that one!

Mighty Peace":2unct51u said:

Heartache for each of us as we live in the "might have been." Should be a thread on the one that got away.

Lovely cal/cartridge. I have friends here in the UK with modern SE chamberings and they certainly do knock over the stags through the season.
Accurate and more than enough stopping power with a 120 or 140gn pill.

Sako 85 Finnlite's, Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter and Sauer rifles appear to be particular favourites this side of the pond. ATB ET

Back