Who manufactures Nosler Brass?

G

I broke open a new box of Nosler ammo today-35 Whelen with 250 grain partitions. Headstamp was REM!

Grantman - they're real up-front about it. On their web site it mentions using a variety of different components in their custom ammo. I suspect that someday most or all of it will be with their own brass.

How's it shoot? :grin: That 250 Partition should do a number on moose, elk or even field mice! :grin:

The 250 partitions are at 1.5". The 225 do the same. The Federal TBBC were a disapointment in my rifle-about 2.5". Handloads with 225 Ballistic tips and max loads of RL15 (2740fps) will shoot into one hole all day. I'll be hunting moose in Newfoundland at the end of the month. I'll probably use the 250s. I'm thinking that the BTs might be too soft.

There is nothing soft about a bt of that size. Besides, at a velocity under 3000 you will not see a problem, and it sounds like your impact is going to be closer to <2400 over 150 yards. Inside of that range you can get good enough shot placement to overcome any over expansion. If you wil have a chance of a long shot (over 300) take the bt, they give you a better ballistic advantage.

Grantman":1qk64n4b said:
The 250 partitions are at 1.5". The 225 do the same. The Federal TBBC were a disapointment in my rifle-about 2.5". Handloads with 225 Ballistic tips and max loads of RL15 (2740fps) will shoot into one hole all day. I'll be hunting moose in Newfoundland at the end of the month. I'll probably use the 250s. I'm thinking that the BTs might be too soft.

The BT would do just fine on a Moose, however, the PT will give you more penetration should you need to take a hard quarting shot. The 250 gr PT should be a dandy for Moose.

JD338

Back