Who says partitions aren’t accurate?

Don,
That Ruger is amazing! Between the rifle, cartridge, and bullet I don’t think you could get anymore classic than that! It sure looks like your hard work paid off in spades when a gun groups like that one.
V/R,
Joe

I’ve accumulated a few myself; next may be a 416 rigby or 35 whelan.
I've been giving thought to selling mine. At 85 years old, recoil isn't the fun it used to be. .416 Rigby that is. Might unload the .404 jeffery as well. I'd hang on to the .375 H&H though I doubt I'll ever do another hunt where something that big might be needed.
Paul B.

Don,
That Ruger is amazing! Between the rifle, cartridge, and bullet I don’t think you could get anymore classic than that! It sure looks like your hard work paid off in spades when a gun groups like that one.
V/R,
Joe
I’m pretty happy with it given that when I started working on it it didn’t shoot very well at all. Only work I didn’t do was re crown the barrel, had a local smith do that for me. I bunged some stuff up along the way and had to order a few small parts from Ruger. I then of course bought some more tools. Proper punches and the like.

Played with the 300 HH today at 300 yards. I had shot at 300 before so knew I should be good at 2MOA. First shot was good second shot a gremlin took control of the rifle, third shot was were it needed to be. Spent the rest of my range time shooting from positions, using up loads that hadn’t quite panned out.
My go to load remains 69.5 grains of Rl 19 pushing a 180 Partition at 2960. As with all my #1 they are just a lot more fun to shoot from position than from the bench. They just aren’t well suited to the bench.

Attachments

• IMG_7894.jpeg
    IMG_7894.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 4
You're golden. If there is no game harvested, it's not the fault of the rifle.

I've been giving thought to selling mine. At 85 years old, recoil isn't the fun it used to be. .416 Rigby that is. Might unload the .404 jeffery as well. I'd hang on to the .375 H&H though I doubt I'll ever do another hunt where something that big might be needed.
Paul B.
I use to keep my 375 in my swat locker, more to keep my commander shaking his head and muttering. You never know when one might be needed and if it is needed well, you better have one.

Back