Who says partitions aren’t accurate?

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Finally finished up my Ruger #1; 300 HH. Jared trigger set at 3pounds; Tubbs treatment on the barrel; Hicks accurizer installed on the springhanger, glass bedded the hicks/springhanger, fussed with accurizer to get just the right tension, floated the barrel, and re-crowned the barrel.
180 grain Partition, 69.5 gr. Rl-19; 2960 fps; SD 9.3,
Five shots, 100 yards, raining hard.
She just may be in the starting lineup for elk season.

Attachments

• IMG_7668.jpeg
    IMG_7668.jpeg
    619 KB · Views: 31
Finally finished up my Ruger #1; 300 HH. Jared trigger set at 3pounds; Tubbs treatment on the barrel; Hicks accurizer installed on the springhanger, glass bedded the hicks/springhanger, fussed with accurizer to get just the right tension, floated the barrel, and re-crowned the barrel.
Kinda' hard to keep that pencil punching through the same hole, isn't it?:rolleyes: That load and rifle combination is just begging to tag an elk!(y)

OUTSTANDING! Great results on paper which is a testimony to great work at the loading bench and the shooting bench.

You are ready for the season!

Guy

That's a load that would qualify for Minute of Mosquito!
Those elk are in trouble...as is any other species that happens to be within your reasonable shooting distance!

That's sure sweet! You gotta love those Ruger #1's! I sure do. Both of mine shoot great also and with Partitions no less!
001_zps7d0ae308.jpg

My Partitions agree with your Partitions! It's such an iconic combination you have there. Ruger single shot, 180 gr. Partition, and the 300 H&H, what more do you need!

Well done!
I’ve never had an issue with partitions not shooting well.
A great bullet in my opinion

Maybe its our collective appreciation for Nosler products but all things considered its only natural that a .300 H&H Magnum should not only be loaded with but shoot exceptional with Partitions. It’s a match made in heaven.

I have never had a .300 Magnum of any sort fail to shoot Nosler Partitions. Maybe not as well as yours but always acceptably well!

Maybe its our collective appreciation for Nosler products but all things considered its only natural that a .300 H&H Magnum should not only be loaded with but shoot exceptional with Partitions. It’s a match made in heaven.

I have never had a .300 Magnum of any sort fail to shoot Nosler Partitions. Maybe not as well as yours but always acceptably well!
That combination is why John Nosler invented the Partition bullet, a 300 H&H on moose here in BC. Sure does seem right to me too.

That's sure sweet! You gotta love those Ruger #1's! I sure do. Both of mine shoot great also and with Partitions no less!
001_zps7d0ae308.jpg

My Partitions agree with your Partitions! It's such an iconic combination you have there. Ruger single shot, 180 gr. Partition, and the 300 H&H, what more do you need!
Just need a bull to stand out there saying look at me look at me. :)

To hunt elk I’ll load partitions in everything I’ll hunt elk with. I have made an exception with the 338 Jarrett as it shoots the 250 AccuBond so well, but I have a significant inventory of 250 grain partitions on hand. Generally I’ve been able to get right at 1 moa with most Partition loadings. That is of course good enough. My #1 in 257 Roberts is the exception. She spits 100 grain and 120’s all over the place But loves Ballistic tips.
Ive always found Partitions to be really accurate myself.

That’ll work all season long.

Nice shooting. I use the 200 grn in two 300WBY, interchangeable with AB for me. Same powder charge, primer, case, two different rifles.

I have four Ruger #1s and a Winchester M70 all in .300 Win. Mag. All five use the same load, a 200 gr. Speer Hot Core or 200 gr. Nosler Partition over Winchester's long gone WMR powder. Accuracy is sub MOA in all five rifles with several rifles shooting sub .50" groups. The Rugers are one #1 B and three #1s in the "S" configuration which I prefer. Two of the "S" model are marked 200th year of American liberty and the third is a black pad gun. I really like my Ruger #1s.
Paul B.

Back