Why not a 300 WSM?

gerry":3o98ufug said:
NYDAN":3o98ufug said:
It is done! I went over to the LGS this morning and ordered a left-handed Montana X3 in 300 WSM. The deliver is 3 - 5 months. I guess I will have to get bases, rings, scope, dies, brass and bullets ordered now... I will have to pick up some factor ammo as well.

I am looking forward to setting it up and shooting it. Perhaps I will get to hunt deer with it this fall.

Dan

It will interesting to see how that particular model performs. It sounds like the X3 stock is a fair bit lighter than the X2 it replaces.

Any idea on what bullets and powders you are planning to try?

One thing while I'm thinking about it is that partial sizing of the WSM doesn't work they need to be completely full length sized since there is very little body taper and it has a sharp shoulder. All other rounds in the past I reloaded for were only partially sized, it didn't take long to figure out it doesn't work with the WSM's. Awesome rounds though, you will be pleased.

Gerry,

Thanks for the heads up.

I have been bump sizing my 300 WSM. But I’m using my FL die to do it. It is squeezing the case down quite a bit.

Thanks, Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerry":1h3j9b5k said:
NYDAN":1h3j9b5k said:
It is done! I went over to the LGS this morning and ordered a left-handed Montana X3 in 300 WSM. The deliver is 3 - 5 months. I guess I will have to get bases, rings, scope, dies, brass and bullets ordered now... I will have to pick up some factor ammo as well.

I am looking forward to setting it up and shooting it. Perhaps I will get to hunt deer with it this fall.

Dan

It will interesting to see how that particular model performs. It sounds like the X3 stock is a fair bit lighter than the X2 it replaces.

Any idea on what bullets and powders you are planning to try?

One thing while I'm thinking about it is that partial sizing of the WSM doesn't work they need to be completely full length sized since there is very little body taper and it has a sharp shoulder. All other rounds in the past I reloaded for were only partially sized, it didn't take long to figure out it doesn't work with the WSM's. Awesome rounds though, you will be pleased.

Gerry,

Thanks for the heads up.

I have been bump sizing my 300 WSM. But I’m using my FL die to do it. It is squeezing the case down quite a bit.

Thanks, Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back