WI Bear!!!

I've always believed the wife saying "do what you want" is a warning sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! I saw a lifesized mount at a guys house once, it was on all fours, so it did not take up as much space as I thought it would. A nice rug needs enough room to walk around it as no one wants to step on a nice rug ( now, as I understand it, "bear rugs" and fireplaces are very "fung shway"! ha) Did you shoot him with the round ball or a maxi?

I have a nice rug from my last bear.

I used the Hornady Great Plains bullet.

It is a 385 grain bullet and it was 323 after I recovered it from the bear.

That's the bullet I used for mule deer, from my .50 cal T-C "White Mountain Carbine." Only took two shots in the field with it, and took two mule deer. One was a pretty decent buck. No bullet recovered either time. I like those bullets.

Well, life is short. I saw the taxidermist walking down the road tonight and I told him to go full body. I will have to work a few extra days this summer with my electrician friend but it will be worth it. I will never shoot a bear of this size again in my life.

I will have to put a few items on the wish list on the back burner for a year but it will be worth the wait.

Yep, I asked my wife one last time and she said, "do what ever your please." (with a smile on her face) Haha, you only live one time.

4c4a5af9d25eec76e18b5ec4e7ca9725.jpg

Something to consider!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a way to end 2016. I just had my bear skull officially measured and...20 5/16"!!!! It made B&C and will be in the top 20 for bears in Barron County, WI. I'm pumped. I couldn't believe it when the scorer told me the measurement. Now the long wait for the mount to be done

wisconsinteacher":2crwvplx said:
What a way to end 2016. I just had my bear skull officially measured and...20 5/16"!!!! It made B&C and will be in the top 20 for bears in Barron County, WI. I'm pumped. I couldn't believe it when the scorer told me the measurement. Now the long wait for the mount to be done

That's a big bear! Congrats. (y)

Guy

Back