Wilderness elk hunt Oregon

Well, the young lady killed her bull and I secured permission to hunt on that ranch....unfortunately the elk did not return before the season ended and I couldn't locate them. The good news is that I also secured a place on the same ranch for a damage control cow tag if I didn't fill my bull tag so I'll fill the freezer later this winter. That's hunting I guess.

I think between the hunting pressure along with a pack of wolves moving into the area that the elk have significantly changed their pattern from what they once did. Damn shame that we didn't have a choice on the reintroduction of wolves. Especially a species of wolves that were never native to this area to begin with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, looks like you will have an opportunity for elk steaks later this year.

Another hunting trip? Oh no! :grin:

Best of luck on the later cow elk hunt. My December hunt for cow elk last year was fun, challenging, and rewarding.

Guy

Those wolves are getting pesky. Still can't figure out how the state is controlling the information flow, even with freedom of information requests. The wolves we've been seeing west of Pendleton don't officially exist.
Good luck on your depredation hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back