woohoo! finally 223 components!

Sas874runner

Handloader
Oct 10, 2012
Finally got a hold of powder for 223 so that I can make use of my 1000 cases and bullets that have been doing nothing but taking up space for the last few months! And just in time for P-dog season!

Attachments

• 20130420_160928.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 785
  • 20130215_121953.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 785
Here in colorado things for reloading are near impossible to get a hold of. Had brass bullets and primers but no powder. But came accross 4lbs of bl-c2 for 80 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

Good deal. Looks like the varmints are in for a tough spring up your way!

Yeah, I've been doing okay with the loading components & even ammo. Found some loaded .223 ammo locally at reasonable prices. Also got some 69 grain HPBT match bullets and some 60 grain plastic tip Hornady varmint bullets pretty easily.

Brass has started showing up at the local gun shop again too. Much of it is once-fired military 5.56 stuff, but not all of it.

I think things are easing up a bit. Hope so.

BTW, that BLC2 that you got works GREAT in the .204 Ruger. I've not yet tried it in the .223 though.

Guy

I have not yet either it meters geat. But these rounds are all coming out of a 16" barrel ar15. Not exactly a tack driver. I have found excellent groups at 100yrds as long as I load rounds that stay around 2750 fps at the muzzle. In the process of building a varmit rifle just slow going.

I load BLC-2 for my AR in 223. With 52 gr bthp and I believe 26 gr of BLC-2 I get outstanding accuracy and if I remember correctly the velocity was around 2850 with my Remington R-15.

Stopped at a big name store to get a new spinning rod and took a stroll throught the gun department.

Snatched up some 223 rem Lapua brass and notice there was more 223 bass from two other manufactures as well. And more 224 cal bullets. It was picemeal but what they had they had ten to twenty boxes of each bullet.

Found a jug of this for my 556 and my LMT was really pleased I found it and I found it in ABQ for 170.00 !!

Not my intention just one lucky guy in the rite place at the rite time for sure as I have been trying to find some TAC for months with no luck!! :(

Hope this does not ruffle any feathers but it cost me way more than 170.00 bucks!!

You done good, man. Great snag on your part. Now, the remainder of the readers can weep as they think of what they missed. :grin:

It gets worse but i think i have caused enough emotion so i will not post pics anymore but OP is rite in components are around more now it seems but not completely back by any means! i feel being in the rite place at the rite time has made me very lucky individual!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oops !! Made a lunch run and made it home without lunch :grin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 444
Hate to say this but he only had 1Lb of RL 33 because i would have 2 lbs in the pic if he would have had it!! :(
My neighbor to the north OP :) Just curious how the P-Dog hunt went as those loaded rounds really looked sweet and with a 30 round clip have ya gotten an shots on B-Cats or yotes ? :)

No p-dogs yet. Have not had time to hit the dog town. But last weekend. Got 2 cats and 4 yotes. Was a good day. The 60 grainers are a little big for the cats when your trying to keep the pelts. But the 55 gr. Varmageddons... those babies are bad to the bone!! Pun intended! Put it right behind the ear and the cat dropped in its tracks. Small entrance with no exit. Have not gotten the skull back but I'm hoping the bullet is still in tact.

No doubt a great day !! My friend in PLO W has always got something in the Taxidermy shop in Cannon City :) He has some huge Northern Pike he got mounted and they turned out great!! They were up in Springs yesterday at SW and Specialty Sports and he got a S&W 617 22 LR and his some got a Glock 45 ACP ! The friend that was with him took something home but I forgot what he bought? That guy has your luck with cat's and yote's as he has a large parcel of family land east of Walsenberg!! I own a lot just off Purcell Ave on north side of PLO W! Been in ABQ since 1992 :) Later 874runner !!

Back