WTF????

I note that while they say it was an AR-15 type rifle, but no pictures of the recovered rifle. Also, it has been said that their honcho said the ROE was to literally let the shooter take the shot before engaging. Now there's a true WTF scenario of true. I note that the lady has to appear for a congressial hearing very soon. Makes me wonder if it has to do with those alleged ROE????
Paul B.

A lot of finger pointing going on. SS says local and state police where responsible for that building and local police say the SS was. Also heard there was pictures taken of him 30 minutes before. The cops where looking for him and he was hiding in a building 300yds away. There are videos from rally goers showing him crawling on the roof. And telling police.

I deployed, over the course of my career, “as a counter sniper” with the Secret Service teams covering both Both Bush, Clintons as well as several heads of state, and dignitaries. We had a very nice hotel in town that was very easily ( relatively speaking) to defend with multiple routes out that could be reached very quickly as well as three locations to land a helicopter with in a short distance. An awful lot depends on the location how far out the perimeter is set and who the principle was. Hilary, for example did not get the detail size that Bill got, before or after. Elevated positions with a line of sight to the principal were always covered. Anything within a couple hundred yards( this varied) and an unobstructed view of either the egress location or points of entry to where the president would be, Had some one on them. We had one spot right at 1000 yards that could have offered an opportunity but it would have been a remarkable shot. There was still an officer stationed there. On the roof above the principle, would be several shooters. Seems I recall never less than 3 of us. Rules of engagement I was told were classified. I’m sure they may come out during the current investigation. Those rules did conflict with ROE at my department and caused some consternation for command staff.

There were always large crowds up against the inner perimeter. One of the main reasons the Secret Service deploys local Swat guys is we in theory, know our local shit heads. We constantly scanned the crowd, from the roof, looking for folks we knew who could be a problem. The service would also show up with information on Bevis or Butthead who were from our area and had made “threats” against the principle. If someone in the crowd matched the problem child description we would dispatch ground units, a couple of Patrol guys and a couple of Secret Service guys, typically plain clothes SS, to remove that person from the immediate area. No stop and frisk, no field interview, not really a Terry Stop, they just grabbed him and moved away. Based on numerous reports this guy should have been grabbed long before he had a chance to shoot. I
I read last night that someone from the Service alleged that the roof in question was local responsibility. Very well could be. Also read but not verified that a shooter was requesting a “green light” If that is in fact true, then it’s a good bet he was a Local team member as requesting authorization is very common as the shooter may not know what is going on right behind the bad guy, so to speak.
I am absolutely baffled that this happened the way it unfolded. There are videos of the guy on the roof getting into position. I look forward to reading a full report down the road, as for now I just keep shaking my head wondering how this could happen.

A lot of confusion over the situation for certain. I'm not sure whether to expect some sort of foul play, or just sheer incompetency to be the likely cause of the situation unfolding as far as it did. For now speculation seems somewhat difficult. I hope this doesn't end in a useless muddle where we are unable to figure out what the real problem was, but that seems to be the way things tend to go lately.

I asked a nephew who is a retired police officer if his son who is a PA State Police Swat Team member was involved with this detail or in the area of the shooting. He said they were told that they weren't needed. Don't know if that was just, he's SWAT Team or all of them. Details are sketchy. I hope this whole happening gets the light it deserves. Dan.

Hm. If this was planned - would you pick a guy who wasn't let into the school shooting team because he was a bad shot?
No idea what motivated him. But I guess it was bad wiring in his head and that's all there is.

I am really sorry for Matt (demolition ranch, YouTube) because that guy wore one of his shirts and he is in the headlights now. Send him some love.

Welcome to the United States of Cluster, y’all know the rest.

I’m ashamed that something like this could happen. This was malfeasance at a minimum and attempted murder and political coup at worst. Even though I support dividing the country as I don’t think it can be saved I’ve never wished death upon my political enemies.

I’ve heard that more personnel were requested but refused by the Biden administration. We really have become a banana republic. Stay safe, hunker down, and lock and load.

Vince

It is all fishy. Shooter's dad on Trump's 2nd amendment supporter list. No doctor's report on Trump's well being. Kid dragging a ladder and gun for a mile without notice by cops (maybe, only saw that in one news report). Using an AR for a bolt gun job when the dad had many rifles seems like a statement of some kind. Biden's remark about bullseye. The final Epstein report dropping the weeks or so before with DOE 174. Perfect videos of Trump, blood, flag and raised fist.

Stuff is rife for speculation. In the end it just might be a bullied incel out for notoriety like most shootings.

Jeeeezzz.

And we are hoping that you will be there when we need you (while we should have made sure that we are able to protect ourselves).

I wish you and your country all the best.

I hope that you can figure things out without a second civil war. I see that it might not be easy, but from what I read most of you just want to be left alone to live a good life.

Shouldn't be that hard.

God bless you.
Be assured that most of us over here don't want to see what might come. And not for selfish reasons...

what phyco drugs was he on? why was Trump on the stage in the open when police were notified of his presence 26 minutes before he fired the first shot? why did the sniper have him in the scope over 3 minutes before thee first shot fired but was denied permission to engage?

4BJd88y.png

look at the roof the snipers fired from!

I couldn't believe she tried to say the slope of the roof was a safety hazard .:rolleyes: it sure isn't a church steeple .

to me , it just seems that too many things went way too wrong , without some guidance .

The odd things:
1. The kid had no discoverable motivation and,
2. He had to know that he would get caught regardless of his success or failure, or he just had a death wish.

It looks like he used a classic AR-15 and ammo that he bought that morning. There has not been any reference to optics so, presumably, he was using standard sights. He encountered a local PD on the roof only moments before he opened fire so the shots were likely rushed off by a kid whose heart was pounding. Trump was lucky. The Secret Service had a failure of epic proportions. It was nice of Trump to give them credit for doing a great job after the shot, but what about the underlying breech of basic security that allowed the shot to have taken place at such an extremely close range? Ultimately, the SS Director is responsible for this disaster. Appropriate action should be taken immediately after the release of the FBI investigation.
Charlie, based on what I heard on three different occasions he was using open sights. I'm sure as time goes on more will come out. I'm curious as to what the SS sniper said in regards to holding his shot for so long. He had the shooter in his sights for three minutes and apparently someone was telling him to hold and not shoot.

At this point, and I'm only guessing, I think this loner kid was suicidal and wanted to die in some significant way. He apparently got his wish.

Back