WY Leftover Tags

Gunner46

Handloader
Jan 12, 2015
If you have not already grabbed one, or two, you might not get any. They are going FAST!

I snatched two Lope doe tags, in unit 23, just a couple of minutes after they went up for sale.

Good Luck.

Gunner......
Ive managed to get a buck and doe tag in that same zone! Hear it's real good as access is limited! When you planning on going?

Can't wait......first hunting trip to the States!!!

They went a lot faster this year, though I suspect the available numbers were down quite a bit. 23 is long gone. Most of these did not sell out until late September last year.

I told my buddy to buy a few doe tags and he said, "I will wait until I get there". He is use to seeing 1 maybe 2 deer a year here in WI on his land so in his mind, if we see an antelope it will be a good hunt. I told him if I don't see 50 a day, I will be let down.

The tags might be sold out by the time he gets there.
It really is different hunting antelope. Driving to where we were hunting I saw hundreds and hundreds of antelope. I was in awe. I'm saving up point for another antelope hunt as I want a chance at a trophy unit next time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I decided I'd rather avoid the Opening Day crowds and am waiting until the last few days. I have buck Lope & Deer tags in another unit, so I'll not even head to 23 until I fill those tags first.

wisconsinteacher":1xukebbs said:
I told my buddy to buy a few doe tags and he said, "I will wait until I get there". He is use to seeing 1 maybe 2 deer a year here in WI on his land so in his mind, if we see an antelope it will be a good hunt. I told him if I don't see 50 a day, I will be let down.
They will be gone.

I've been following the leftovers for about 5-6 years, and this year they seem to be going faster. There were probably less available to start with.

Heck, Dad and I each bought one just in case we get our NM elk early and have the time to drive "a bit" out of our way on the way back here to MI. $37 for the tag is half a tank of gas; tell him it's going to take a LOT more $ in gas money than in extra tags.

Anyone have any experience in area 2, near Sundance? It includes the NW section of the Black hills and some limited grasslands by looking at the map. Do the antelope wander up into the hills much? Just trying to get an idea of really how much huntable public land there is, for next year's trip.

wisconsinteacher":21agzdua said:
They zones around us are sold out. I hope he likes watching me hunt/shoot a few does to fill all my tags.
He will learn a hard lesson but sometimes harder is best.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Just checked the leftovers, only about 1200, or so, in 9 units. Not looking good for anyone who thought they could just grab one when they got to wherever they thought they were going ! (Good Luck finding any public land in those 9 units)

Back