WY pronghorn draw results?

JD338":3kiw02f9 said:
Unsuccessful again this year. We will try again next year. Might try for leftover doe tags.

JD338

Darn Jim. Sorry to hear that.

Grab some leftover elk tags in July... Besides, there is a ton more meat on a big old cow! :lol:

SJB358":iqexs2re said:
JD338":iqexs2re said:
Unsuccessful again this year. We will try again next year. Might try for leftover doe tags.

JD338

Grab some leftover elk tags in July... Besides, there is a ton more meat on a big old cow! :lol:
That's a good idea

JD338

JD338":33434c4d said:
SJB358":33434c4d said:
JD338":33434c4d said:
Unsuccessful again this year. We will try again next year. Might try for leftover for tags.

JD338

That's a good idea

JD338
Congrats you guys on the tags! I wish you all much luck, success, and fun! Now EFW I think you should take the 6.5x55, the 7x57, and the 280 AI! You have multiple tags and you need multiple rifles. One for each antelope and you have a spare just in case something happens to one. Remember TWO IS ONE AND ONE IS NONE!

6mm Remington":rb5kep8m said:
JD338":rb5kep8m said:
SJB358":rb5kep8m said:
JD338":rb5kep8m said:

JD338

That's a good idea

JD338
Congrats you guys on the tags! I wish you all much luck, success, and fun! Now EFW I think you should take the 6.5x55, the 7x57, and the 280 AI! You have multiple tags and you need multiple rifles. One for each antelope and you have a spare just in case something happens to one. Remember TWO IS ONE AND ONE IS NONE!

Son in law and I = Unsuccessful. We applied for special tags (at $526 each) and each had a preference point. Still can't believe we didn't get tags. Congrats to all of you who drew and I wish you the best for an enjoyable trip and hunt.

6mm Remington":krk4v1ii said:

Thanks Dave that is my way of doing things also; bring at least 2 rifles so I have a back-up just in case!

The 6.5x55 I have is GORGEOUS and in dire need of alone time so I'll probably be running a "euro trash" operation w/ 7x57 & 6.5x55.

Sorry to hear ya didn't get a tag Jim! Maybe you guys need to buy a couple leftover doe tags just to give that lovely 280 AI of hers some loving affection?

efw":1tq38xxp said:
6mm Remington":1tq38xxp said:

Thanks Dave that is my way of doing things also; bring at least 2 rifles so I have a back-up just in case!

The 6.5x55 I have is GORGEOUS and in dire need of alone time so I'll probably be running a "euro trash" operation w/ 7x57 & 6.5x55.

Sorry to hear ya didn't get a tag Jim! Maybe you guys need to buy a couple leftover doe tags just to give that lovely 280 AI of hers some loving affection?

Eric,
She is going to shoot some crop damage deer in a month. She is hitting an 8 inch gong at 600 yds with her Nosler .48 . She also did very well on the 800 yd gong with my buddy's 30-378 Wby so she is ready. I'm really surprised we didn't draw.

JD338

Al in SC":4f4vwhj7 said:
Son in law and I = Unsuccessful. We applied for special tags (at $526 each) and each had a preference point. Still can't believe we didn't get tags. Congrats to all of you who drew and I wish you the best for an enjoyable trip and hunt.

Al, I understand that in the past couple of years, Wyoming reduced the number of tags being offered, in an effort to rebuild the herds after some tough winters.

Where I hunted in 2012 & 2014, the rancher wasn't letting anyone shoot does, as he was trying to rebuild the pronghorn herd on his lands. Had quite a winter kill a few years ago apparently.

Last year though, things were looking good. Both the mule deer & pronghorn herds appeared to be coming back, and the drought conditions had improved considerably. I'd expect the herds to increase and more tags to be available in coming years.

Regards, Guy

GeorgeS":2h9i0lfd said:
My wife and I were both unsuccessful. No prairie goats for us this year.

George

I can give you 2!

Guy, That may be it. But, I thought applying for a Special tag and with a preference point our chances would have been good. Always happy for them to protect the herds after adverse weather etc. thins them excessively though. Best of luck to you and your family on your hunts this year.

Thanks, and likewise!

We're staying here in the Northwest this year. The Oregon elk hunt will be something new for me though.

Guy

Guy Miner":3coc5992 said:
Thanks, and likewise!

We're staying here in the Northwest this year. The Oregon elk hunt will be something new for me though.

Guy

We will turn you into an elk Hunter yet Major Miner! :grin:

SJB358":21272et4 said:
Guy Miner":21272et4 said:
Thanks, and likewise!

Guy

We will turn you into an elk Hunter yet Major Miner! :grin:
[emoji106] [emoji2]
That's funny!
Miner, Major, USMC, Ret, Hunter. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Give it a couple years, barring bad winters, and the speed goats will be abundant once again.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back