You find stuff when you're looking I guess.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
In all my yrs of stopping in at flea markets, yard sales, etc, I never once recall looking through stuff and saying to myself wow, there's some 348 bullets.

Now in the course of just a few weeks I ran across them twice. Couple weeks back I picked up a full box of 100 Hornady 200 grainers for $25. Now at the same flea market but a different vendor I got a full box of 50 Speer 220 grain for $20.

That is a great find! Yeah, finding those bullets is not the easiest thing to do.

DrMike":c95gb03j said:
That is a great find! Yeah, finding those bullets is not the easiest thing to do.

Don't know what's going on, but as long as they're showing up I'll keep checking I guess. Ha. I also picked up an antique item for my wife to sell, but I told her it was worth stopping in just to find these bullets. She doesn't quite see the value in them that I do. Lol.

ShadeTree":39ae1gkd said:
DrMike":39ae1gkd said:

Don't know what's going on, but as long as they're showing up I'll keep checking I guess. Ha. I also picked up an antique item for my wife to sell, but I told her it was worth stopping in just to find these bullets. She doesn't quite see the value in them that I do. Lol.

All a matter of priorities. (y)

Congrats! It's fun to find the cool stuff needed for some of these cartridges that are half-forgotten.

I'd guess there aren't a lot of bullets in current production for the .348 Win?

Guy

Guy Miner":3aww14qb said:
Congrats! It's fun to find the cool stuff needed for some of these cartridges that are half-forgotten.

I'd guess there aren't a lot of bullets in current production for the .348 Win?

Guy

Hornady makes a 200 gr standard bullet and a 200 gr FTX for an amazingly decent price when available...around $40 a box of 100.

Barnes makes an original bullet for it in both 220 and 250 grain. $1 per bullet.

Swift makes their A-frame bonded bullet for it in 200 gr for $1.25 per bullet.

Woodleigh makes a 250 gr for $1.25 per bullet.

So although most are expensive, options are there when the bullets are available, right now Midway is showing them available.

Nice grab!
Best one I had last summer. We were doing a small get-away for a few days. Went in this second hand store, they had all kinds of stuff. I did some digging around and came across this bible KJV leather cover, looked brand new. I grabbed it, milled around some more didn't find anything else I would care for. Took the bible up to the nice lady at the cash register. I ask how much for the bible? "we are having a 1/2 off sale for the next hour, so the bible would be -----.18 cents" I said, okay, I'll take it.

Back