Your bucket list?

Gear: Shotgun, 1911, another rifle, boots, pack, and a tent.

I really need to win the lotto...

DrMike":3np55v81 said:
pre6422hornet":3np55v81 said:
Want to find my Great uncles 1873 Win in 44-40 and his Browning Safari in 3006. Lost those when he died. Someone pilfered the gun room before the authorities could secure his collection.

That sucks. Gun thieves should be turned over to the tender mercies of gun owners.

What really sucks is we believe it was family members. My uncle had 3 safe deposit boxes that he told a few of us was where his "list" was of all his guns ( 300+) and who he wanted to have what when he passed. All three SD boxes were empty upon opening.

As for hunts my number 1-3 would be hunting with each of my daughters ( 6, 4, and 8 months).

After that Alaska for anything, and whitetails in Canada.

Wow. This is the third story this week I hear of family members doing this very same thing.

Mine is a Model 71 348 Winchester, Model 70 or Kimber 325WSM, Pre64 375 H&H, Pre64 243 Winchester...

I really have all the rifles I need, but man, I wanna hunt the crap out of the grizzly, moose, elk and bear. I know alot of folks are really into Africa, but I can't think of anything I wanna hunt more than the awesome animals that inhabit our continent..

FOTIS":gm4y9xxo said:
Wow. This is the third story this week I hear of family members doing this very same thing.

As a pastor, I've witnessed such things more frequently than I'd care to remember. There is certainly evidence of wickedness in the way we respond at the time of death of a family member.

Scotty,

A Model 71 or a 325WSM would stand you in good stead to hunt BC (moose, elk, grizzly, blackies, caribou, mulies, whitetail, sheep, goat...).

Nothing made me more envious then when I got to work a moose check station in Maine with school and I got to see all the hunters bring in their moose...or when my good buddy shot a 700+ bull and we cooked up a STORM. One day I will get back up there....

FOTIS":4emj0qxe said:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8065194/Re_Browning_71_348_winchester_#Post8065194

Man, Fotis, you are a low blow kinda guy! :twisted:

He has this same rifle listed on GB for 915 BIN..... I am really having a hard time not getting on it!

I would be just fine with the Browning. I hate the tang safety, so the Browning is a great deal. Especially with the sight included.

DrMike":miet0mja said:
Scotty,

A Model 71 or a 325WSM would stand you in good stead to hunt BC (moose, elk, grizzly, blackies, caribou, mulies, whitetail, sheep, goat...).

Dang you Doc! Man, I am trying to resist the temptation right now. you are supposed to be in my corner...

SJB358":1izx9mz1 said:
FOTIS":1izx9mz1 said:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8065194/Re_Browning_71_348_winchester_#Post8065194

Man, Fotis, you are a low blow kinda guy! :twisted:

He has this same rifle listed on GB for 915 BIN..... I am really having a hard time not getting on it!

I would be just fine with the Browning. I hate the tang safety, so the Browning is a great deal. Especially with the sight included.

I am here for you bro!

SJB358":288ltmk5 said:
DrMike":288ltmk5 said:
Scotty,

Dang you Doc! Man, I am trying to resist the temptation right now. you are supposed to be in my corner...

I'm there for you, buddy. (Man, the price is right on that Model 71. :shock: )

Scotty, I know a certain dude from Kansas City who has a M71 Browning and he absolutely loves it!! :)

Shoots well, carries well, looks great, etc.. what more would you want?

pre6422hornet":1j243sih said:
Scotty, I know a certain dude from Kansas City who has a M71 Browning and he absolutely loves it!! :)

The funds to buy one? :mrgreen:

FOTIS":3bbkzliq said:
pre6422hornet":3bbkzliq said:

The funds to buy one? :mrgreen:

We could proctor a loan service!!! Besides it is the right price!!

Man, even I who am getting more blind with iron shots would be tempted to jump on this deal Scotty, I feel for your having to make such a choice?

Guy Miner":1f9qie2j said:
Hunts, not equipment. That's what my bucket list is full of!

I'm fat on equipment, short on time & money for all the hunting I want to do...

Guy

Mine too Guy.

I do have one rifle I'd like to find however. Winchester Model 70 in 25/06 or .270 with a left hand action.

I'm good for all my flatter country hunts with my 264 win mag, it has been a heck of an interior decorator for my home. The new 270 I just got back from the gunsmith yesterday will hopefully handle the steeper country. It's built off my Dad's old Winchester 670 action, the gun Dad took his only deer with and I took my first with. When the old barrel got shot out I rebuilt it into something I'd use a lot. Have a 204, 6mm, and AR also for the varmints.

Bucket list then is:
Custom M70 in 300WSM. #3 fluted Pac Nor barrel cut to 23" and B&C aluminum bedded stock. Same set-up as my 270 basically but intended for elk and moose, while being short enough to ride in the Eberlestock scabbard without hanging up on to many limbs. 2lb trigger, great reload with 190gr LRAB, and Stoney point rapid pivot bipod attachment. Talley rings and a Leupold 3-9x33 VX-II ultralight with CDS.

Ruger M77 Alaskan in 375 Ruger with a Leupold VX-6 2-12 scope, 2lb trigger, stoney point attachment. For anything to big for the 300WSM.

AR-10 in 243 lighter weight for calling multiple coyotes. Leupold VX-6 3-18x scope, 2lb trigger, stoney point on lower rail.

Winchester M94 Trapper in 357 (had one and foolishly sold it, always regretted it. Have Rossi 92 now)

Ruger Gunsite scout rifle for no good reason.

Swaro 80mm spotter to go with the Nikon ED50 I have now, have all bases covered.

Swaro 15x56 binos and Leica 1600-B rangefinder with true ballistic range to supplement my Zeiss 8x50 and 10x42's, all optics covered.

It will take years to put this all together while still paying the bills and going on an annual hunt. By the time I get all this I'm sure I will have spotted something else!

Guys,
Been away for too long now so thought I'd chime in. One of these days I'd love to find a pre64 Al Biesen rifle in, what else, 270 win. Bet nobody saw that coming! Oh, and a pretty wood 270 win super grade M70 for the boy, to match his sister's. keep those eyes peeled for me fellas!
Joe

Back