Zeiss Conquest?

HTDUCK

Handloader
Apr 18, 2009
Last spring I bought a used 4.5x14x44 Conquest and mounted it on my Remmy 700 in 280.
Started having problems with it shortly thereafter.Wouldn't hold zero,didn't track correctly etc.
Finally sent it back to Zeiss in Virginia at the end of February.
Just got off the phone with service and they are telling me it has been checked and does indeed need repair.
The repair is done here in the US but it will take another EIGHT weeks?

Anybody had similar experience with them?

Thanks,
Howard

Never had to send back one of my Conquest scopes, but I have sent two Diavaris to the States for repair and restoration. In either instance, I had the scope back with three to four weeks max. Same repair depot, I believe.

Yes I have.
They take a while. I'm not sure if they send them back to Europe or what but they did a nice job on the custom work I've had done.
Greg

Hi there.
Zeiss is a great company and will do quality work. But the Conquest is not a great scope. It is priced lower for a reason... I owned a couple of them, and have given them to others.
Hardpan

Got my scope back just now.

Note in the box says they had to replace the complete erector system.

I have a Conquest on my .338 WM and have never had an issue with it after about 300 rds.

Let us all know how it works after the repairs, HT!

Guess a blind hog can find an acorn once in a while.

Got the scope back from Zeiss in early June.
Mounted it on a very accurate 700 VSSF 308 and went to the range with 250 rounds of pet ammo for the rifle and three shooters.

From boresight to zero in three rounds and then started to torture test it.

Never failed to track impact where it was adjusted to go,regardless of how many clicks we moved it.
Always returned to previous point of impact.

Seems to be cured.

I moved it back over to my 700 280 and had it zeroed again in 5 rounds.
Started shooting boxes and it tracks perfectly.

Pet load in the 280 turned in dime sized 5 round group at 100 yards odd of sandbags.
Previously had an old Leupold on the rifle and with the same load it shot about 3/4 of an inch.

Very pleased so far.

Looks like I'm back in business.

Congratulations. I think they are good scopes, apparently. I have five of them.

Guess I am glad I have no experience with their customer service. I have 3 currently and had 2 other conquests. Never had a lick of problems with any of them. But it is good to hear if anything happens they will take care of it.

Long

Just purchased my second one. Zeiss has a rebate going on right now for their varmint reticle scope.
Going to punish this one and see how it works as it's sitting a-top my .300RUM @ the moment. :grin:
Phenominal Glass !

Back