Zeiss Terra vs Zeiss Conquest

bob_dobalina

Handloader
Oct 6, 2009
Anyone have a chance to look through the Zeiss Terra yet? They seem to be about the same price as the cheapest conquest, you can get either for about $400. Which would you choose of the two? I have looked through the Conquest and was very impressed.

I havnt looked at a Terra, but I have three Conquests and think they are superb scopes. They are very clear to my eyes. Im no scope expert, but I dont think you can do wrong with a Zeiss. If you can find a Conquest 3-9 under $400, I would scoop it up.

My dad has a brand new Conquest 3x9 for 380.00 if your interested. I can give you his info if you are.

I have a few of the conquest 3-9 scopes , for the money they are a very good buy . they work well in low light ,the glass is good , the clicks are solid , and a nice compact size . I have not had a look at the Terra's yet . Doug at camera land has some Terra scope demos with pretty good pricing . Jim

http://www.cameralandny.com/demos-zeiss.html

I looked through a Terra 3-9 today and it looked as nice as my Conquest 3-9. Very similar feel to it, and the only discernable difference I could find was the elevation and windage knobs. I wouldnt hesitate to pick one up.

Call me a cynic but the true test happens over time.

Conquest = proven
Terra = jury is still out

These babies need to travel on commercial air; need to fall from a tree stand; need to freeze, then warm up, then fall from a tree stand. Need to bounce around on an ATV and/or in a pick-up, Jeep or the like.

Then and only then will we know the true quality of the Terra. I too think they are a pleasure to look through but I’m waiting on this one. There’s a reason why Zeiss makes profit off a lower priced scope and if it’s not the glass…what is it (and I know the quantity pitch as well)?

P.S. This post isn't taken to be rude either. I just re-read it and it might come across like that but if you could hear me talk it would be just normal conversation.

I am holding on the Terra as well, Rob, for the same reasons. I have (2) Conquest's and a Zeiss Diavari V/VM. They are all excellent scopes but you can't take $100 out of the Conquest and still have the same scope! I would like to hold a Terra scope in my hands and evaluate it before making up my mind.

Besides there are some good Conquest sales on now and for close to the same money you get the real thing.

Back