357 sig?

Fotis, I own three: Sig 229, Browning Hi Power, S&W M&P

In the past I've also had a Glock 33 and 35 and a Sig 226 and 239

I think it's a great round, kinda loud, VERY accurate and from the research I've done it has a reputation of being a very effective self defense round. In my hands/guns I think it has a tad less recoil than most 40's. Ammo is kinda hard to find (even in good times) and reloading can be a little more involved since carbide dies are not available so far as I know. I was told that if they were made the cost would be substantial due to the case design, don't know if that's entirely true, though.

Ron

There is a way to bypass the lubing, if you know how. :wink: :wink: :wink:

It's my favorite, hard to displace the .45 ACP but it did so, round in a self defense platform.

It gives good penetration, great velocity, good barrier performance, and more pleasant to shoot than my least favorite round, the .40 S&W. Between the .45 ACP and the 357 Sig I choose the Sig due to it's magazine capacity, handgun frame size, 9mm sized frame vs 10mm/45 size frame, and the ability of the round.

I reload for my 357 and it was the second handgun round I ever reloaded for myself. The first was the .44 Magnum. One can use a carbide die but be prepared to pay a lot for them. The more common, and less exspensive alternative, is to lube. I use ground mica to lube the case neck with. I got a lifetime supply for less than $10.00.

Vince

Dillon carbide dies are about $135 / set. Instructions still say to lube the case necks. I usually lube one out of every ten with imperial sizing wax. Works well.

OK, so even with carbide you have to lube.

Doesn't make the carbide set seem so great for this round. I'll stick with my non-carbide dies for this caliber.

Interesting video Fotis. You could probably accomplish that using the redding grx push thru dies as well.

Probably!

I am working on a purchase of a 357 now. That is why I am selling my sig 9mm

I have a P239 chambered in 357Sig and it is my favorite carry piece. The recoil is snappier than other pistol chamberings. That pistol has never experienced a failure to date. I have a replacement 9mm barrel for it to keep cost down somewhat.

I have had one since 1999. Its a P226.

Crazy accurate. It likes most ammo but loves Speer Gold Dots. Its my most carried pistol. Never had a FTF or a hiccup of any sort. I stocked up on some Speer FMJ target loads about a year ago thankfully. Ammo is not easy to find.

View attachment Sig P226 357sig.jpg

Back