Ruark Video

I own Horn of the Hunter, Something of Value, Use Enough Gun, Uhuru and several others too

Ya, I've been reading Ruark since I was a kid in the 1960's. Love his stuff. Have several of his books still. Let a few get away.

That video though... I didn't know it existed. It was almost like meeting the man. Dang.

Guy

They were some of the first "big" books i read as a kid. Elmer Kieth, Capstick, and Ruark were my dads favorites and were always laying about. i was riveted by the thoughts of safari in Africa. It is my greatest dream to hunt those lands and hopefully will be able to before I can't

It was a fascinating look at a world that is no longer available. A pleasant hour invested in dreaming of what once was.

Gonna put that on the big tv.

I’m reading White Hunters by Brian Herne right now. I was born a little too late.

When I was in the 5th or 6th grade I found a book in the library named "The old man and the boy" and that began a lifelong fascination with all things Robert Ruark and other writers such as Capstick.
I haven't had time to watch the movie yet, never dreamed one existed, but I will.

A fascinating glimpse into a man we all grew up reading. Now I just need to retire to my mahogany paneled gun/trophy room and polish my double rifles with a cloth while sipping a brandy and a fine cigar…time to wake up now

Back