Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: All new members enter here.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:55 pm 

Welcome aboard Tim. Sounds like your building a cool pair of rifles!

Your at the right spot for those two cartridges. They are true favorites for quite a few folks around here.

Hope you enjoy it here. One of the best spots for handloaders, hunters and rifleman.

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Model 70 owners and those who wish they had one. PATENT PENDING

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:47 pm 

Yes welcome Tim

THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
THE HEART OF A CHILD
THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 pm 

Fire Hawk wrote:
Thank you Dr. Mike! I bought the ProChrony Digital upon the recommendation of MANY others. Almost unanimously they encouraged me to go this route over going with one of the Shooting Chrony models etc.

As for my daughter, she absolutely loves to be with me so I will just be patient on the archery thing. She really enjoys fishing with me and just yesterday she tried to teach a buddy's daughter how to "kiss" the first fish of the ice fishing trip. Buddy's daughter didn't go for it, but my daughter didn't hesitate to show her it was okay to kiss those yellow perch when they were caught. :grin:

My oldest daughter (twin of my son who is just about to earn his Eagle scout award) has the very best archery form I have ever seen. She looks like a natural and really does have the patience to shoot well. I am excited to she where she goes with it. She doesn't show any interest in hunting either, but she LOVES fishing. She is usually the one with the hot hand too.

The three oldest kids (14,14,11) have all successfully passed hunter's safety and my 14 and 11 year old son each hold current hunting licenses. Oldest didnt' fill either his buck deer or cow elk tag this year, but he did great and enjoyed spending time together in the mountains. My eleven year old did a terrific job in marsh this fall and harvested his first game animal. A nice pintail duck that tasted great.

Won't be long and both my boys will be toting rifles for deer and elk each fall. Can't wait to form those memories and enjoy the time in the hills together.

FH

Welcome Fire Hawk, I lived and hunted in Utah and surrounding states for 20 years while working in Sandy Utah. We look forward to discussing issues with you as they come up.
Charlie

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:49 am 

Just saw this thread. My name is Chad, i am a fairly new forum member and am getting into rifle hunting and reloading. I grew up with a bow in my hand and have a passion for hunting elk. I am a career firefighter here in Salt Lake City. My job gives me lots of free time to hunt and shoot. I have 3 kids the oldest of which is turning into quite the hunter and shooter.

I currently have a .270 Win. Weatherby Vanguard series II, 7mm-08 Savage model 11 Left handed, 22-250 Rem 700. Also have .54 cal hawken and CVA .50 cal muzzys. Love to shoot them all.

I want to thank you all for helping me with all my questions. It has helped a bunch. I look forward to learning a ton more!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:03 pm 

And then passing on what you have learned to your own children, Chad. We are all learning from one another as we gain experience here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:27 pm 

Definitely! Thanks!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:41 pm 

For sure. Late welcome aboard but it's great to have you around.

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Model 70 owners and those who wish they had one. PATENT PENDING

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:02 pm 

Welcome Chad!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 am 

A little late perhaps, being that I first registered two years ago, but better late than never... :)

My avatar photo on the left was shot last night. I thought it appropriate to both honor Nosler and to illustrate why I chose BeeTee as a login name. In the photo is a 223, 308 and 7mm Remington Magnum - all loaded with Ballistic Tips. I've shot thousands of BTs through the years. They are my favorite bullets. My daughter Sarah smiles whenever I hand her an ammo box with either 223 or 308 rounds loaded with Ballistic Tip bullets. Having shot some 0.2s and 0.3s with both the 223 and 308 loaded with BTs, she knows a good thing when she sees it and likes shooting the good stuff.

I'm a Vietnam era Navy vet. I've hunted all across Montana and Idaho since the 1960s, and some in California (coastal blacktails, pheasant, dove, quail & hogs) while I was stationed at NAS Lemoore in the 1970s.

If you own a diesel pickup and have bought a magazine or two, you've probably read some of my stuff. I'm here for discussion about firearms, optics, shooting and hunting, all on a professionally run discussion board operated by my favorite bullet company. Thanks Nosler!

Jim

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:34 am 

And, of course, all of us have benefitted by your presence, BT. You've made a solid contribution with your thoughtful comments. The rationale behind your nom de plume escaped me; your explanation makes perfect sense.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:57 pm 

BeeTee wrote:
A little late perhaps, being that I first registered two years ago, but better late than never... :)

My avatar photo on the left was shot last night. I thought it appropriate to both honor Nosler and to illustrate why I chose BeeTee as a login name. In the photo is a 223, 308 and 7mm Remington Magnum - all loaded with Ballistic Tips. I've shot thousands of BTs through the years. They are my favorite bullets. My daughter Sarah smiles whenever I hand her an ammo box with either 223 or 308 rounds loaded with Ballistic Tip bullets. Having shot some 0.2s and 0.3s with both the 223 and 308 loaded with BTs, she knows a good thing when she sees it and likes shooting the good stuff.

I'm a Vietnam era Navy vet. I've hunted all across Montana and Idaho since the 1960s, and some in California (coastal blacktails, pheasant, dove, quail & hogs) while I was stationed at NAS Lemoore in the 1970s.

If you own a diesel pickup and have bought a magazine or two, you've probably read some of my stuff. I'm here for discussion about firearms, optics, shooting and hunting, all on a professionally run discussion board operated by my favorite bullet company. Thanks Nosler!

Jim

Well Jim, that was pretty cool buddy. Thanks for putting it up. Another Diesel owner here as well. I'll try not to hold that Navy thing against ya! :twisted:

Just kidding with ya.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:16 pm 

Hello All, My name is Clyde and I am new to this forum. I usually hang out on the Lone Eagle Lodge Forum(LEL). I know there are a bunch of my fellow LEL friends here also but I a looking forward to making many new friends here at Nosler. I just recently bought a bunch of reloading equipment but I have not set anything up to get started yet. I am going to be new to reloading so I hope I don't ask too many questions. Well that's about it for now, other than to say I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and good luck hunting this up coming hunting season.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:41 pm 

Welcome aboard, Clyde. There are some fine people over at LEL; and there are some fine people hanging out here. Ask your questions. Usually, someone is along shortly with an answer that will get you up and going. Hand loading will be addictive for you, and our hope is that it will prove satisfying, as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 am 

Thank you for the warm welcome DrMike. That's what everyone tells me is that it becomes addictive. I just hope that with all the proposed tax increases on ammo, supplies and guns, is that I will be able to afford to get into it as heavily as I had hoped. I've been retired now for about 15 months and being on a reduced income I find it harder to buy things I would in the past now a days.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:39 am 

Buy smart, looking for discounts and buying in bulk, and you can cut costs considerably. There is often used equipment to be found for sale; much of this is in excellent shape. My first reloading equipment was used, some of which I still use many years after picking it up. Feel free to tap the knowledge base of the fellows posting here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 am 

Welcome aboard Clyde. Everyone here is always willing to help. You'll like it here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:15 pm 

Hi ya Scotty, How goes it buddy??? I'm glad to finally have my account activated. Thank you for your help with contacting JD338. I'm sure I will enjoy myself here. You know me, I'm easy to get along with.....LOL

Thank you also JD338 for your help if you read this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:02 pm 

Welcome aboard Clyde.

Weatherby...There is no replacement for displacement!

My blog. Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:14 pm 

Clyde, I did not know that you had joined the ranks of the retired. I have been retired for 11 years now (due to illness) and for 5 years officially. I am thoroughly enjoying myself doing the things that I never had time for while working. I hope it works that way for you as well. I notice that you are interested in reloading. This board has many experienced reloaders on hand to help.
Charlie

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:47 pm 

Thanks for the welcome FOTIS....

Charlie, yes I joined the retired ranks June 2, 2012. I worked for the Government as a Military Technician. When I turned 60 I had 30 days to retire or they would have just retired me anyway. By me doing it on my own my pay started much quicker. I had a house fire in Nov 2011 and didn't move back into our house until the end of July 2012. Needless to say that kept me busy even though retired until after the new year so I have had about 8 months of time to enjoy retirement. I need to find me a part time job though I think. I find myself watching far too much TV during the day with the laptop on my lap talking on the forums..... LOL

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:44 pm 

Clyde, I have had to ration forum time to early in the morning and evenings mostly. Glad that your house is back together and you can relax in retirement.

We have a lot of doctor appointments and stuff which requires us going to Bellingham, a 60 mile round trip, 2-4 days a week during the day. We are lucky to have 2 days a week that do not have some sort of appointment somewhere. I also try to get a rifle range day in every week at the range club as well, which is not far from the house.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:26 pm 

Clyde, ask all the questions you can think of.... or I will probably end up asking it.

I'm new to reloading too and these guys have been great help and very welcoming even to my most basic of questions

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:47 am 

Hi everyone. I found this site a few days ago and already love it. I live in Washington state. I'm an avid hunter and that is my main reason for reloading. I hunt elk, deer, bear, coyotes, cougar bobcat , wolves and small game. I look forward to learning as much as I can and contribibuting as much as possible.

sent from my typewriter

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 am 

Welcome aboard. Glad you have ya.

Washington is a beautiful place.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:06 am 

Grundy53,

Glad you found us. You're in the right AO for people who enjoy hunting and shooting. Feel free to jump in and contribute; you'll find some friendly people here.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Moderators: NoslerV, Nosler4, JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next