28 nosler brass

jezzolo

Handloader
Nov 14, 2005
What’s up with no 28 nosler brass or loaded ammo anywhere to be found?? So f—-n annoying.. Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy some.

Powder Valley shows ammo in stock. Nosler better get their brass supply issues fixed or their cases will vanish as fast as they appeared.

Maybe I’m not at the right powder valley but they don’t have anything either..

TackDriver284":1p9zn717 said:
https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product-category/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/?query_type_caliber-range-sort-by=or&filter_caliber-range-sort-by=28-nosler&query_type_grain-weight=or&filter_grain-weight=

If you click on each product, 0 in stock.

Dr. Vette":21kowtix said:
TackDriver284":21kowtix said:
https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product-category/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/?query_type_caliber-range-sort-by=or&filter_caliber-range-sort-by=28-nosler&query_type_grain-weight=or&filter_grain-weight=

At least I tried, but thanks for the correction.

I found these if it helps. Bertram Brass - 28 Nosler - 100 Pieces
$275.00

TackDriver284":nryuzgqu said:
Dr. Vette":nryuzgqu said:
TackDriver284":nryuzgqu said:

At least I tried, but thanks for the correction.

Hey, no problem.
I checked a bunch of other sites for him too, with no brass to be found.

I'd have to agree that if you can't find brass for it then no one is going to buy/build a 28 Nosler. I had thought about one, but if I can't get brass then why?

Now Powder Valley shows it out of stock. It showed in stock when I post that this morning.

It's pretty hard to promote a caliber and have it be successful if you can't keep up with the brass and ammo demand. They are good calibers too but this isn't the Obama era anymore. If I didn't have 200 rounds of 30 Nosler ammo and a reamer I probably wouldn't build one in the near future. I had planned on rechambering it later to 30-28 Nosler to compare them or building another rifle in 30-28 Nosler but if brass is scarce I'll build something else.

This is one of the primary reasons I went with the 7 Mashburn Super vs the 28 Nosler. I can always get HIGH quality 300 Win Mag brass and I don’t believe gain the 28 Nosler has over the Mashburn will ever give me an edge. I just cannot warm up to one maker of brass for a cartridge. As much as I love Nosler in today’s environment I like to have a couple options.

Not bashing the 28 cause it is a wicked hammer but the gains over the 7-300 and similar aren’t enough to deal with.

Hey. Van Halen where is the 100 piece brass at? But seriously the 28 come out in 2015 if I’m not mistaken had mine built a couple years ago so what gives?? I can’t even find loaded ammo either.. freakin ridiculous........

Never mind I found it and guess what,,,,,, yep out of stock. So annoyed right now

I would bet someone besides Bertram will make brass for the Nosler cases soon. Enough people are bugging Peterson and ADG I would bet one of them does it. If Lapua was smart they would be the first to do it since they are starting to get left behind on new case development.

IdahoCTD":31bhsqj0 said:
I would bet someone besides Bertram will make brass for the Nosler cases soon. Enough people are bugging Peterson and ADG I would bet one of them does it. If Lapua was smart they would be the first to do it since they are starting to get left behind on new case development.

I am waiting for Alpha Munitions to drop some 300 Win Mag myself... I am pretty sure I'd be all over that. Right now I am using RWS 300 Win brass and it is FANTASTIC for making 7mm MSM brass. Tough and very consistent stuff.

It is getting to the point for me if I can't get Lapua, Alpha, or RWS I kinda shy away from it. The little bit of Starline brass I have used in my 224 Valkyrie has been pretty tough and usable as well. That may be another that makes some brass for the 28...

I use RWS in my 7-300wm's and 6.5-300wm's too Scotty. I got 100 Peterson 300wm brass when they made their first and only short run of it last year so I used it for my 300wm I just built. I'm a bit of a brass snob too and tend to build around quality brass. I'll probably do a 300RUM before too long since ADG makes brass for it and it's getting good reviews. I wouldn't of even thought about that with the previously available brass manufacturers. Petersons said they would have 270wsm and 300wsm out this year and I can't wait to try that out as well. ADG is close with 7RSAUM and 300RSAUM also and I would bet they do 6.5 RSAUM at the same time.

That’s good to know. Never heard of ADG. Haven’t used Peterson’s yet, but again, it’s nice to have options and the old 300 Win isn’t chopped liver either. Not too much you can’t do with that case either necked up or down.

Back