Partitio to Accubond Load 7mm RM

Sponxx

Beginner
Aug 14, 2011
I have a very decent hunting load with 160gr Partitions and 65gr RL22. The load does not have any classic "pressure signs" and I have 50 Accubonds I picked up from SPS a while back. I was planning on trying these AB ones just to see.

Assuming safe reloading practices, are the bullets fairly exchangeable as far as recipe?
PT are not jammed, and I was planning dropping 1gr and go up in 0.5g increments to find AB load.

Anyone can suggest a more reasobable/better/effective approach that doesn't burn barrel and components unnecesarily?

Thanks

That's exactly what I did with my Ruger 1B in 30-06 when I went from 165 gr. Partitions to 165 gr. Accubonds. I left the seating die as it was and the Accubonds were slightly longer in loaded length but where the bullet contacted the rifling was the same by leaving it set. I shot the exact same load with powder and primer being the same and the AccuBond load shot as good as the Partition without changing anything. No pressure signs and the POI was even extremely close to the Partition load.

I think you will be fine doing it as you are thinking about doing it. I have not yet done it but with my 280 AI I have a really good load using the 140 gr. Partition and IMR7828SSC and I'm going to try that same load with the Accubonds. It might work again and then it might not, and I might have to tweak the load and the OAL when loaded. Best of luck and just watch carefully for pressure signs.

It would not be correct to assume that using the same seating die adjustment for completely different bullets would result in the same CBTO measurement.

You may have to adjust the seating depth as the taper of the two bullets is slightly different. The AB's may actually be to long for your magazine so I would load a couple with your die set as current then adjust down if necessary. Its been my experience that the AB's are somewhat picky about seating depth, but are happy once you find the right setting.

That load you’re running isn’t particularly hot depending on the lot of 22 you’re using so I’d be inclined to try it just as David and Bill mentioned and see what prints. Might be just that easy.

What type of rifle are you shooting these out of, Bolt Lever or Semi auto?
Accubonds as everyone else has said like some jump sometimes as much as .125" off the lands.
Not knowing what brand of brass your using makes it hard to suggest a load since the case capacity is different for each brand of brass making a unsafe loading situation should we suggest any particular load.

truck driver":2c2l0t6p said:
What type of rifle are you shooting these out of, Bolt Lever or Semi auto?
Accubonds as everyone else has said like some jump sometimes as much as .125" off the lands.
Not knowing what brand of brass your using makes it hard to suggest a load since the case capacity is different for each brand of brass making a unsafe loading situation should we suggest any particular load.

It's a bolt action. I don't jam bullets, but seat them long, and will come down on COAL to fine tune.
The brass is Winchester and Rem 9 1/2 Mag primers.
I probably could run hotter loads, but wanted to figure a starting point. Seems my approach is reasonable.

I think you’ll be fine Pablo. I don’t think you’re going to do anything dangerous by trying it.

Back