Aging Eyes

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Got tired of holding a magnifier to read my balance beam scale indicator so I made a trip to Harbor Freight and picked up helping hands magnifier $4 and change took off the extra gator clips and adjusted it to see the scale beam indicator. Here's a picture of what I got.
I don't bulk load rifle ammo so I have no need for a electronic powder scale except the small one I use to weigh brass on for H2O cap.
For the price I think I solved my problem.

Attachments

• KIMG0255.jpeg
    KIMG0255.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 406
Yeah, there's a lot of that aging eye business going on, nowadays.

Very nice and yes aging eyes. I do like open sights on handguns and my .22 Marlin 39A but my right eye is also on the edge, thinking about lasik.

LASIK will push you to reading glasses, what you gain in range, you lose up close. Maybe a peep would be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I have had lasik twice. First time was just a couple months after it was Ok'd in the USA. I wanted both eyes corrected for distance and knew that I would need readers. I healed up mono vision. Left eye saw clearly close up and right eye was clear at distance. It took a while to kind of get used to it. My problem was glare from certain lighting bothered me and it also screwed up my depth perception. Between 10 and 11 years after the first lasik I got to noticing that my distance vision was getting worse and was confirmed on my mandatory yearly eye Doc's appointment. The lasik procedure is guaranteed for life but going to your regular eye Doc and the follow ups is not, you pay for that. I had the "enhancement" done. I specifically told the Doc that I did not want mono vision and hoped there was something he could do in the procedure that would not let it happen. He said that it was all up to the healing process but he would correct for distance in both eyes. I did heal up both eyes for distance and now have to use readers for close up. I just use store bought +1.75 readers and have them EVERYWHERE LOL. I also found a pair at CVS Pharmacy that folds up and fits in a little flip top case. I use an old flip phone belt case to carry these in so I always have a pair of glasses handy and don't have to worry about loosing them out of a shirt pocket etc. I built me a riser platform to set my powder scale on that sits on my loading bench that brings the scale up to eye level so I can see it good. I use nose rider reading glasses most of the time so I can look through the glasses to read and then look above them to see at distance. When I went to the eye Doc last Oct. I was told that I had a cataract on my left eye. Doc said that I would be the one to decide when to remove it and I would know when the time was right. Seems like that may be in the very near future because I am experiencing pronounced worse left eye vision than the right.

Back