70 grain Accubond in a 1-8” .223?

pharmseller

Handloader
Feb 13, 2012
I just bought 500 seconds from SPS. Does anyone have load data for this bullet in a .223? Might be fun for deer.

P

PS, I've played with the 70 AB in my hogslayer ARs, which I believe are 1:8s (both are LaRue barrels). I chose AR-Comp because I have a lot of it on hand and it was not slated for any other use...I had no trouble getting near-MOA performance using 23.0 grains of the stuff. I'm still not very confident of my shooting off a bipod, or even the AR platform itself, so it may well shoot much better than I do.

I'm getting about 2800 fps out of the 18-inch barrels with this load (chronographed). According to QuickLOAD, AR-Comp is an excellent choice to go with this bullet.

BTW, I had been waiting for months to get my hands on more 70 ABs from SPS...when I finally saw them the other night I tried to buy 500 more, but could only get 450. I guess I got the last of them! I bet it'll be another year before we see them again.

I’m planning on Varget, I use it for the 64 grain BSB and Hornady 75 gr ELDM.

Benchmark for 50 gr BT Varmint.

P

Can't offer any experience with Varget in this case, but I know Benchmark will work with 50s. You'll get that done with ease.

RiverRider":3dvydz9i said:
Can't offer any experience with Varget in this case, but I know Benchmark will work with 50s. You'll get that done with ease.

Yep, been using Benchmark with 50s for years.

P

Back