Missing opening day blues

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
As if missing opening day of bow season isn't bad enough because chores at home can't be put off any longer, you see this big boy in the back of a truck while headed out to get PVC fittings....You have to look close at the left side of the bed, but there is more antler tips there too.....
:roll:

Attachments

• 20170925_103032.jpg
    20170925_103032.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 640
Some people just like to tease :mrgreen:.
I hope that you get out soon (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Pulled into the parking lot of a local grocery store yesterday. There it was--parked across multiple spaces. It was a hunting rig, towing a trailer with two massive moose racks in the back and a freezer. No more bulls than I've seen, I confess to more than a twinge of jealousy. The boys had undoubtedly been farther north. Terrible teases.

DrMike":8keux23m said:
Pulled into the parking lot of a local grocery store yesterday. There it was--parked across multiple spaces. It was a hunting rig, towing a trailer with two massive moose racks in the back and a freezer. No more bulls than I've seen, I confess to more than a twinge of jealousy. The boys had undoubtedly been farther north. Terrible teases.

On my 2nd elk hunt I was with a good friend and we were lucky to end up taking two nice bulls at the same time. The super short version was we saw a bull headed over a hill and we gave pursuit. Crawling to the top of the ridge there were two bulls and one cow. We set up at with me taking one and Greg taking the other.

Anyway, after field dressing the bulls and loading them into my truck down the mountain we went. As we would pass someone coming up we got a chuckle out of how their heads would turn cuz two bull elk means a lot of antler sticking out of the bed of the truck!

Once in town my friend suggested that we take a "victory lap" around the walmart parking lot. Mostly because folks in Colorado do not overly like folks from Texas. At that time of my life I was in my "lets be adults" stage so we did not................................. I've regretted that decision since! :lol:

Oh how I wished we did that while honking the horn and flashing the lights............................. 8)

Oh how I wished we did that while honking the horn and flashing the lights............................. 8)

:lol: :lol:

I know what you mean. It's been too hot here to get out plus the ticks are really bad this year because of the mild winter we had last year.

Back