My 2017 Buck

DON

Handloader
Dec 3, 2013
2017 buck 35-Whelen 225 NPT.JPGIMG_2723.JPGHey everyone,
Just wanted to share I got a nice 8-point buck this past Saturday morning. He has a 17-1/4 spread.
I shot him at 80-yards using the lightning rod, 35 Whelen with 225 Partitions :mrgreen:

It was a high shoulder shot exiting the neck. Dropped him in his tracks right there on the logging road. No blood trail this year. Drove the truck right up there and loaded him up!! 8) :shock:

That rarely happens as they usually run down the steepest hollow we have where I hunt and expire!

Don

PS If someone could help get the pics turned around I'd appreciate that.

Nice Buck Don. From my experience the 225gr PT stops them in there tracks from a 35 Whelen or 35 Whelen /AI.

Thanks a ton for doing that (y) . The old boy was chasing a doe, ran across the log road I was watching then into some hardwoods only to come back out farther away, then crossed back over log road. The doe crossed over but the buck walked onto the road and stopped for a second, 225 Partition was sent! The shot paralyzed him, had to finish him off then. He's a nice buck for our area.

Thanks for the comments.

Don

Nice buck Don, congratulations. The 35 Whelen with the 225 gr PT hit like a sledgehammer, well done!

JD338

Congratulations on a really nice buck. Bonus points for using the Whelen again this year ;)

Oh yes! Lightening strike, the thunder rolls, and my tummy rumbles. Very nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so in love with that 35 Whelen. Just love those 225 bullets. It really isn't overkill at all. Even with a shoulder shot on a whitetail the exit holes aren't overly large. It just unloads a lot of energy when it hits. :mrgreen: I still can't get over my Dad handing it down to me. 8)

Don

Beautiful buck!

Makes me sad I benched my Whelen this year. I can feel it’s accusatory stares already....

Back