Deer season has ended for me

DON

Handloader
Dec 3, 2013
My deer season is finally over. I really have enjoyed the season in 2017/2018. Hunted 11-days and was blessed by getting a nice buck, then a doe. Killed both deer with the 35 Whelen, I nicknamed Lightning, using 225 Partitions. :mrgreen: One particular highlight was I saw Bobcats on two separate occasions, one walked under my tree stand, stopped 5 feet from the ladder then looked straight up at me, slowly walked away. Love being in the woods, nothing like it.

Now onto working up some loads 8)

Don

Sounds as if it was a great season. Congratulations on a successful season.

Excellent! Meat in the freezer. Antlers for the wall and some great experiences along the way.

Very cool. Congrats!

Guy

Guy,
I had a European mount done on my buck head. It turned out really good. 8) Just need to get it on the wall now.

Don

Got an 8 point whitetail buck and a doe this year here in S C. Saw more deer than in the last several years.... a
very good season.

Congrats on enjoying the outdoors and having a nice season. Here in Virginia, we had a round of "Blue Tongue" come through and several news media and the VDGF reported several outbreaks. Also noted from trail cams a lot of coyote running deer. Didn't see this activity last year. I was able to harvest a couple deer and one coyote..Thank goodness! I am not sure of the effect these coyote will have on deer population, but would appreciate any advice. All my hunting is done on my land. BTW, this is my first post here, hope I am doing this correctly??

Welcome aboard rugerfan. Always pleased to see new people joining in the fun. Hate to hear of the presence of "Blue Tongue," and it's always a shame to read of increased coyote predation of the ungulate herds. Keep the coyotes thinned out!

I am in the process of setting up a rifle for coyote now. Just received my bullet selection, have the brass ready, now to work up the load.

Back