How old are these boxes?

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
I picked these up yesterday at local gun show! Not sure what year of manufacture, but at least 1940's?
IMG_20160424_080317040.jpg
Back when it was just Veron Speers bullets!

What I especially love is the price marked on the one box! It turns the mind to a simpler time when though wages were considerably less than the present, prices were also less and the speed with which life moved was much more sedate. Early fifties at the latest, I would guess.

I think so too Mike, I have never seen boxes this old for Speer, and have been reloading for 45 years, and bought lots of stuff at gunshows for reloading but never saw this style of box before! Your thoughts on a simpler way of life is soooooooo correct , I watched my great grandmother get lunch for my great granddad many times as a young fella , and there was never a RUSH to whip out a quick sandwitch , it was almost always some cooked left overs that she prepared with lots of love................ he was treated like a king , but always got up and picked up the dishes for her and they usually did them togeather after every meal , never saw him leave for camp without kissing her goodbye and really were more like one person than two people................... when I see the foolishness that goes on in todays world of folks driving down the road with a drive thru burger in one hand and a cell phone in the other I truly feel we have regressed a long long way , people now live soooooo far behond their true means its discussing to me when I hear about how far in debt they have gotten themselves into trying to pretend they are something they are NOT......................... give me back a the old ways of truly respecting one another, and a slower pace anytime...........
e
:?

35 Whelen":zmogh4ix said:
I think so too Mike, I have never seen boxes this old for Speer, and have been reloading for 45 years, and bought lots of stuff at gunshows for reloading but never saw this style of box before! Your thoughts on a simpler way of life is soooooooo correct , I watched my great grandmother get lunch for my great granddad many times as a young fella , and there was never a RUSH to whip out a quick sandwitch , it was almost always some cooked left overs that she prepared with lots of love................ he was treated like a king , but always got up and picked up the dishes for her and they usually did them togeather after every meal , never saw him leave for camp without kissing her goodbye and really were more like one person than two people................... when I see the foolishness that goes on in todays world of folks driving down the road with a drive thru burger in one hand and a cell phone in the other I truly feel we have regressed a long long way , people now live soooooo far behond their true means its discussing to me when I hear about how far in debt they have gotten themselves into trying to pretend they are something they are NOT......................... give me back a the old ways of truly respecting one another, and a slower pace anytime...........
e
:?
Amen to that Earl. I'm looking to move somewhere that the pace is slower and people still respect each other.

Amen to that Earl. I'm looking to move somewhere that the pace is slower and people still respect each other.

Unfortunately that may require Doc Brown and a DeLorean to get you there.

hunter24605":1qxlqjgf said:

Unfortunately that may require Doc Brown and a DeLorean to get you there.
You would be surprised how near some of these places are once you get out of the metropolitan areas.

Back