Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:52 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6.5 at very long range
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:06 am 

Met a fellow at the gun club yesterday and shot with him for a couple of hours. We were both putting the final rounds through our hunting rifles before the season.

Turns out he's a long range shooter, doesn't compete, but does shoot very long ranges... After the hunting seasons he's invited me to come on out and spot for him, while he shoots....

HIS 6.5 CREEDMOOR AT 2,000 YARDS! :shock:

Apparently he's got it all figured out, using a real high quality rifle & scope and seating the 147's long. Likely loading them beyond what most would recommend too, using more of that internal space. At any rate, he claims he's been doing it a few years. Told me where he sets up and where he's got his gongs... Yup, it's a mile plus out there. I hunt in that area often.

So, am looking forward to this. It's funny that we've never met. We know a bunch of the same folks and have both been members of the gun club for a long time. Ya, he's a lot younger than me, but has made a serious hobby out of long range shooting.

Yesterday we just had "normal" hunting rifles, though he did have a suppressor on his lightweight hunting 6.5 Creedmoor. That was pretty cool. I keep talking about getting a suppressor and never do it... Past time.

Further info, once I see this 2,000 yard shooting stuff happen!

Guy

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 6.5 at very long range
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 pm 

Sounds like fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 pm 

Hitting target at 2000 yards is not easy. I shot at that distance with my 338 Lapua Ackley mind you and the degree of difficulty is compounded when shooting smaller caliber like the 6.5 Creedmore. It can be done but the probability of hitting the target is stacked against the shooter. It will be fun though.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by Desert Fox on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 pm 

Hitting target at 2000 yards is not easy. I shot at that distance with my 338 Lapua Ackley mind you and the degree of difficulty is compounded when shooting smaller caliber like the 6.5 Creedmore. It can be done but the probability of hitting the target is stacked against the shooter. It will be fun though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcJGpVx0_SQ

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4