Bell and Carlson Alaskan II for Vanguard

frankm

Handloader
May 10, 2009
Anyone have an actual weight in ounces of a B&C Alaskan II with full aluminum block for a short action Banguard?? I m thinking they re a 2 1/4 ish pound (36 oz) stock... quite heavy.

A Banser or McMillan Edge might be a better route to a 7 3/4 ish pound gun including a light 10-12 scope; just an expensive pill to swallow thus my B&C weight question.

Appreciate it if anyone has an actual weight. Thx

Good catch, it's the Medalist with the full block... I miss quoted the model.

That said I ve heard B&C is a little optimistic on their claimed weights thus my wondering. A true 2 lbs would give you a chance to drop a 1/2 pd with something lighter. If it s more like 2 1/4
Lbs + then you d be approaching 3/4 lb weight reduction... that's pretty significant. Throw in some talley lightweight mounts and you d be close to a 1 lb reduction!

Long Action B&C Medalist sticks will go right at about 40oz.

The only thing they’re lighter than, is a laminated stock.

Songdog,
Thanks for info. I can believe that 40 oz number as my Remington's are fairly heavy. The Vanguard is another 1/2 pd heavier!

A Banser or McMillan Edge stock would probably get a pound of weight reduction without changing mounts or scope!

You might want to look at a H-S Precision with a full bedding block.
They're not as expensive as a Banser or Micky.

truck driver":dlffolin said:
You might want to look at a H-S Precision with a full bedding block.
They're not as expensive as a Banser or Micky.

They’re also just as heavy as a B&C....

Light isn’t cheap.

Songdog,
You hit the nail on the head! Light isn't cheap... it also 'lightens' your pocket :)

Back