ARNOLD ARMS

kevin

Beginner
Jan 7, 2005
Anyone out there with hands on experience with the 270 Arnold? One of my hunting buddies had shipped an action to this fellow a couple of years ago for Arnold to build a rifle in that caliber, to make the story short my friend ended up being 1500.00 short when Arnold went broke. Were still curios to learn more about this cartridge but unable to find any info on it.

I have a 270 Arnold Mag and I can tell you that it is a flat shooting,accurate rifle. I can drive a 140 bt at 3470 and shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yds. My rifle is built on a Sako AV action. What would you like to know?

Could you tell us what case it's based on. What is the load that you listed with the 140 gr? Who built your rifle and reloading dies?

Arnold Arms built my rifle and the reloading dies were cut by them also. They are RCBS with the precision seating die. The 270 Arnold MAg is based on the 300wm case with the neck sized to 270 and the shoulder expanded forward to 30 degrees. The load that I listed is 75 grains of IMR7828. The rifle is very accurate and powerful. It has a 26" barell, pillar bedded and a brown precision stock. My fartherest kill with it is 406yds. on a whitetail deer. It really comes to life at these ranges. The cases require some special care when making because you have to turn the case necks and fireform,but they seen to last a long time. Hope this answers some of your questions and let me know if I can help with anything else. This cartridge is really flat shooting and its only rival is the 7mm ultramag. The ultramag has the advantage on bullet ballistic coefficient and is only slightly flatter because of this, but it is negligible.

Back