338 RUM at 200 yds

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Shot my M700 LSS 338 RUM topped off with a VX-6 3-18x44mm scope.
The load is a 250 gr AB at 3000 fps.
IMG_20140823_154248_051.jpg

JD338

Now Jim, everybody knows a Remington is no good, especially in a brutal big cartridge like that... :grin:

Nice shooting!

Excellent group Jim. My .338RUM will outshoot me any day of the week. I've found it to be an excellent wind bucker also. My main bullet is either a 225 grain prohunter or a 225 grain Partition. I've been able (on a good day) to put either bullet in an inch at 200 yards. The shining star of this cartridge is it's ability to put game down "right there".

Thanks fellas, I was very pleased!
When I fired the second shot, I could see through the scope that it was looking good.
I confirmed with the spotting scope that it was a double so the pressure was on not to flub
the third shot. The VX-6 is pretty good glass!

brm, I couldn't agree more. Shooting game with the 338 RUM is a sight to behold.

JD338

I do not know how you keep on getting lucky with them remington's Jim!

.280 Remington":2h98me00 said:
Awesome JD! Looks like you're ready for just about anything!

The Michigan Rhinos need to be very cautious about showing themselves in Jim's presence. :shock: Shooting like that with those big cartridges is just awe inspiring.

FOTIS":1us3fbrz said:

I've gotten pretty lucky as well! Especially once I shoot the new one I just "stole" LOL

FOTIS":1vor8hpr said:

Fotis,

Guess I am just lucky!

JD338

Great shooting Jim. I'd be tickled with 100 yard group like that let alone 200 yards.

FOTIS":1lsrculc said:

Fotis I think Remingtons don't know how to shoot any different :mrgreen:

Very nice Jim. That's an amazing rifle. Your a half way decent driver too :lol:

Ha! Just busting on ya. You shoot so many danged groups like that you make it look easy!

Back