Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:21 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Handgun Day!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:04 pm 

Conducted a four-hour Basic Handgun course this morning. After the class was over, a friend joined me for some shooting fun!

I opened up a new Remington "Bucket of Bullets" which always makes me grin. 1400 shiney new long-rifle hollowpoints just waiting to be shot! We put a considerable dent in the contents of that bucket with a 1911-22, and a Ruger 22/45 - a couple of fun and useful 22 semi-autos... Then I decided to make some bigger holes... in the targets. :)

Pulled out the 45 ACP Kimber 1911, and went through a few magazines of 185 grain Nosler JHP competition bullets loaded over 6.0 gr W231. Dang, that's a combo that just plain shoots!

And... Then the 44 magnum S&W 629 with a 5" full-underlug barrel. One of my favorite handguns with two good handloads.

Mostly I shot a relatively mild load, 9.0 gr Unique under a 250 grain lead semi-wadcutter. And a few of the powerful 240 gr JSP Speer bullets over a near-max load of W296. Wahoo! I've got 30+ years of loading for and shooting the 44 magnum, and thoroughly enjoy the cartridge and the S&W revolver:

Hope everyone else had a great day as well.

Guy

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Handgun Day!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:26 am 

Sounds like a fun day. I like to take the steel out and clang away whenever possible. Really clears the head and relieves some stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Handgun Day!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:43 pm 

Had a chance to shoot a Model 29 4 inch barrel in AK with some 305gr Buffalo Bore bullets man does it bark and bite. I feel I could shoot a box of 20 accurately but then I'm sure it would go down hill.
It did have a excellent trigger.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4