Gas Prices.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Last Sunday $3.75, Monday $3.79, Thursday $4.19, Yesterday a week later, $4.39. That's regular. Was around $2.15 when biden took office.

National average has now hit an all time high. Last time it was this high was when Obama was in office. It's a long ways from over. Conceivably it could double from here.

Those democrats have the darndest luck of presiding over historical long term high gas prices. Carter, Obama, and now biden. Soon as they're in office the big oil companies are trying to screw us. Then it drops back down when Republicans are in office to try and make them look good. Can't be their policies. Can't be.

1646754285360.png
Gas here in Colorado was $3.58 for unleaded last Friday. Yesterday Monday it was $3.88 for unleaded at the same station. I farm, I grow hay, off road diesel yesterday the price was $4.055 a gallon, same time last year $1.42 a gallon. I see hay prices doubling this year.

Last edited:
My Jeep is no gas-mileage champ. Am taking a hard look at planned trips for this year. May be cutting back a bit on travel and staying more in the Northwest.

That's not so bad though. :)

Of course last year I sold my 50 - 60 mpg motorcycle... Sigh...

Guy

Our gas finally has reached $1.75/liter ($5.17/gal). That'll put a crimp on travelling in the bush this spring. Not the end of the world, but you can see the end from here.

High energy prices will stunt everything as it is virtually in everything. The obvious is the higher cost to produce and move goods. But the shrink wrap that was on the pallet of whatever you buy is likely a petroleum-based product, the plastic jug your laundry detergent comes in, it's a LONG list.

A severely crimped economy will not affect my wife and I as much as some people. We've never made a lot of money comparing national average wise, but are used to living frugal. It's why I typically have extra spending cash to buy guns and such. No credit card debt, no vehicle payments, no house payments, grow and can our own food, always have chickens producing eggs, don't make a habit of going out to eat, etc.

Speaking of visible inflation. Couple weeks back I took a 6 month old rooster, and three, 4 month old roosters that were out of the last 2 batches of chicks that hens hatched out, to auction. Along with 3 old hens. 7 chickens bought $90. o_O Gracious.

regular this past Saturday was $3.99 , today it's $4.49 . I heard home heating fuel is $4.55 . this is going to cripple people . I hope I'm wrong , I see nothing but bad coming .

A price jump today to 1.92/liter (5.67/US gal). Premium, which I burn in my Ecoboost, is 2.13/liter (6.29/US gal). That was a pretty big jump, to be sure. No doubt, the brilliant policies of Biden and Trudeau will ensure even higher prices shortly. Are you certain 81 million people voted for this in the USA?

Diesel was $4.89 the last few days but it will probably jump to over $5 in the next day or two.
My 38 gallon tank is going to be expensive to fill.

JD338

A price jump today to 1.92/liter (5.67/US gal). Premium, which I burn in my Ecoboost, is 2.13/liter (6.29/US gal). That was a pretty big jump, to be sure. No doubt, the brilliant policies of Biden and Trudeau will ensure even higher prices shortly. Are you certain 81 million people voted for this in the USA?
No absolutely not. 81 million counted votes, not 81 million voters. If Trump would've gotten 81 million, biden would've had more. Whatever it took. Just would've had to shut down the counting longer in 5 key states until you had enough. It's why he was perfectly comfortable campaigning from his basement and only coming out to angrily tell people that questioned him, to vote for somebody else. He didn't need any of them. A fraud. Not my president, never called him that, never will. A feeble weak excuse for a man who's in an illegitimate un-earned post. And the fact that he's illegitimate is on full display for the world to see.

No absolutely not. 81 million counted votes, not 81 million voters. If Trump would've gotten 81 million, biden would've had more. Whatever it took. Just would've had to shut down the counting longer in 5 key states until you had enough. It's why he was perfectly comfortable campaigning from his basement and only coming out to angrily tell people that questioned him, to vote for somebody else. He didn't need any of them. A fraud. Not my president, never called him that, never will. A feeble weak excuse for a man who's in an illegitimate un-earned post. And the fact that he's illegitimate is on full display for the world to see.
Sad and very true. We call this the information age, and yet I do believe the general populace is far more ignorant than it ever was before smart phones.

I need me a Nosler window decal for my Crown Vic. Then I can tell everybody it gets 48MPG and does 2800 fps. (I know...stupid but no more so than gas prices). Shades right about them Dems and gas prices though.... Strange how THAT works. CL

4.89 in anchorage, over 6 up north
Ugh. Went up $.40 overnight down on the Kenai to $4.29 last week the day I left for work. Afraid to ask my wife what it is at this point. Will probably hit $5 before I'm home next week.

regular this past Saturday was $3.99 , today it's $4.49 . I heard home heating fuel is $4.55 . this is going to cripple people . I hope I'm wrong , I see nothing but bad coming .
Don't think you are. I think we all should be prepared to use our experience, knowledge, and skills, whatever fields that entails, to help other people because they are going to need it.

I'm not looking forward to it. But on the flip side my wife and I had this conversation more than once shortly after biden took office. If you're going to enact every policy possible that is obvious to all with a little common sense will end up destroying the economics of this country, then lets get there so we all know what we have to deal with and it will hopefully cause a massive reversal if it's not too late.

Lets get the band-aid ripped off so it's all exposed. I don't want it drawn out over years with ever increasing misery. If it's gonna end up with the same result, then lets go. Time to see what we're made of, and no time like the present.

Diesel was $4.89 the last few days but it will probably jump to over $5 in the next day or two.
My 38 gallon tank is going to be expensive to fill.

JD338
The drivers are going to suffer when the trucking companies tell them to layover rather than drive home for their days off

Well, I'm quite certain he didn't get my vote or my wife's vote. We have to vote in TX since it was our last residence in the States. So far, it looks as if the free people of TX aren't falling for the lies of the Dems.

Our local station does not have diesel, but I drove past several other stations today. $4.45 for regular and cash price on diesel at those stations was $5.45.

Can't imagine. I believe those trucks have 100 gl tanks on each side, and some have 125 gl on each side. If I'm wrong on that somebody can correct me. That would be anywhere from over $1,000 up to $1,360 to fill up. Man O man.

Back