BR-2 primers on Natchez

Man, that’s a helluva steep price. Gettin crazy fellas.
And likely to get crazier still. We have almost three more years to go with the current administration. We need to elect not only Republicans, but Republicans who are prepared to stand fast for the people, honouring their oath.

I have 500 primers left out a Brick of Rem 9-1/2's I bought in May of 1976, I stopped using them in September 1977 when I switched over to using Fed210 primers. I looked at the box but there is no price sticker, so I don't know what I gave for it. I probably should shoot some of the someday to see if they are still good. In May 1979 I switched over to the CCI200's and once again in May of 1984 I started using the Fed210M's and have used them every since.

Last edited:
The R9.5 primers should still be fine, provided they haven't been stored where it is hot and they have been kept dry. The R9.5 primer has somewhat lower brisance than the F210, but for standard cartridges they will work quite well.

I bet we all wish we would've bought a lot more primers when they were readily available and cheap comparatively. I seen this coming much like I'm sure a lot of other people did.........and prepared, but I did not take the possibility of a primer scarcity near serious enough. I made sure I was good on powder and bullets, and concentrated mostly on brass. Figured brass was going to get scarce due to both materials and the fact that it has to be made individually for each cartridge. And I was right, it was a good thing to stock up on while it was cheap and available.

But primers? Primers are universal and they pump out millions of them all the same. Missed it completely. Wont happen ever again as long as I'm shooting, unless availability never comes back. I was fortunate in that my short sightedness did not end up costing me long term. I could be in WAY worse shape than I am right now.

Over the weekend my brother picked up some BR-4s at his Fleet Farm for $85/1000. I told him that was a good deal.

Was at Bass Pro yesterday morning and asked if any primers were in stock. The salesperson showed me Remington large Rifle for $7.99 a hundred. There were five packs of a hundred displayed and he stated that's how they are selling them now. He said they had so much trouble with the same group of people buying everything up that was put on display the store decided this was the fair way to do it. You are allowed 500 a day and that's it. It did eliminate the mass buying problems. He also told me in so many words that the shortage was artificial and there were primers available. He wouldn't get into it any further.

Back