Primers.......anybody seeing them show up?

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
I check around on sites occasionally just to keep a feel for what's happening. Like in the past I see primers that are mostly out of stock, but changes in pricing leads me to believe that some were available since the last time I checked. You been seeing that at all or am I imagining things?

Powder Valley, Midway, Natchez, Midsouth and Brownells has been showing in stock from time to time. Not cheap but those days are over for now at least. Dan.

Haven't seen any locally except for selling 100 at a time for 12.00-16.00 and not many of those. Dan.

My LGS has had some CCI small rifle magnums occasionally.

I recently bought some Ginex large rifle primers from Global Ordnance. These are made in Bosnia and are slightly larger than Federal 210s , etc. I've loaded a few and they have fired fine but I haven't had the opportunity to put them on paper, just metal targets.

Powder Valley, Midway, Natchez, Midsouth and Brownells has been showing in stock from time to time. Not cheap but those days are over for now at least. Dan.

Well, that is better than a yr ago when there were no options as they were simply not available then it seemed like. I have that one LGS that for whatever reason is an anomaly, or I'd basically be in the same boat. I'd have a decent amount without them but the bulk of what I have come from them.

I bought 2 bricks of CCI Small Rifle primers a couple months ago. Can't remember what I paid but it was reasonable.

JD338

I still have that shooting bot alert, sometimes I am late to see the alert in time, and by the time I check only to find out that they all sold out. I bought a couple of bricks of BR2 from Natchez months ago and the prices was not too appealing. Hopefully it all goes back to normal.

one local gun shop had Remington primers for $70 per 1000 . another local gun shop had large rifle primers at $25 per 100 . I didn't even ask what brand, to busy shaking my head .

I was in TN last week and they had Primer‘s for $120 something a 1000. That’s Nuts

Sadly, although I agree with you, it's fairly normal in the last 2 yrs. That's gotta come down and I hope for everybody availability continues to increase and prices drop. The LGS I get from was running the Federal 215's in the $50's, and the last batch I got off of them was the Remington LR's for $64. That's double what it used to be pre biden but seems like a deal comparatively.

Seen some CCI small rifle at both Scheels stores in my region, would have scooped them up but all of my rifle cartridges use large primers.

Starting to see them more frequently but pricing still high. Over time I think we ll see $50-70 1K prices but doubtful we ll get back to $30-35 a thousand.

That said $50-60 per thousand is “fair in my mind” but not the $100-120 everyone wants to gouge for still. When more folks quit paying “ the ransom” then downward pricing can occur.

Locally they show up but usually restricted to 100 or 200 for around $25 per 100. Online I get alerts daily they show up at various places, but sell out quick. I’ve been able to get what I need, but I sure do miss doing a single order with all the powder and primers I need from 1 place and combined hazmat.

Locally none. Online hit or miss , but they are sure proud of them for their asking price.

I think I'm done buying even if more come in. I got enough now for a long time whether things stay the same, or get worse, or get better. I picked up 4 bricks total on this last go and that puts me up over 20,000. Split about equal between LR Magnum and LR. Might pick up 1 more brick of LR if they call me like they have in the past and they are still in the $60 range. Other than that why keep buying at this point.

Back