Least favorite step or task in reloading

My least favorite task is removing the case lube after sizing. If someone has a good process for this task, please post.

My least favorite task is removing the case lube after sizing. If someone has a good process for this task, please post.
I use RCBS case lube 2 on a lube pad . I use spray carburetor cleaner to clean off the lube . I spray a rag and wipe the case . the lube wipes off fairly easy , it doesn't take long at all to clean up a batch .

Just how much lube are you using?

I use Hornady one shot now and just a little bit that's it's almost not enough.

I've no need to wipe them.
If I cherrypicked through a pile I'm sure I could find a case more slick than others but it's nothing of note.

Least favorite is cleaning brass.
I do it all by hand as I’m too cheap and I don’t have a tumbler.

Used to be case prep...but now that I have the RCBS case prep centre, it has made life easier, and now less of a strain on the hands! It is just another step in the process...
Case lube used to be messy, but as stated above, less is more...until I started using the Hornady One Shot spray. Imperial sizing wax is also quick and easy and less messy.

😯😯😯😯

Good lord

Now that's comittment
Maybe.
I make knives and do leather work. In my retirement.
I’m okay (decent) at both, but I really enjoy it.
A lot of the work doing those things can be considered tedious as I do it all, mostly, by hand. (I have a grinder I use to help shape and bevel my blades and I use my drill press quite a bit).
That kind of work I find mindless and calming.
Also, I probably don’t load as many rounds as a lot of people do, keeping it in the 25-50 round range while loading for hunting or range work.
So it’s not all that bad.AA9D24F4-E089-42EF-9AF6-7AF0E646759B.jpeg4B8010F5-7A30-4A9B-9F56-8FB726E028C3.jpeg6422C688-5DDA-401D-B3F5-6ED96101B9BE.jpeg1A6BD61D-BB25-44CB-B669-2164E3D7A658.jpeg2C8D900F-668F-4B1B-8C5F-9E57E66DF998.jpeg

My least favorite reloading task is the entire aspect of reloading.

Given the quality of many of today’s factory loads it’s much easier to find a factory load that will do for hunting at MOA or 3/4 MOA than it used to be. This saves me time so I can do other things.

If I was seeking the absolute best target accuracy I could find I’d be reloading. Most of us don’t need Dave Tubb’s level of accuracy for hunting. I know I don’t.

Bipedal Defense and Bear Protection I can find factory fodder for my handguns and rifles. Hunting I can usually find a factory load that will suffice. IDPA, ICORE, and IPSC can all be shot using bulk factory loads.

Vince

Least favorite is cleaning brass.
I do it all by hand as I’m too cheap and I don’t have a tumbler.
😯😯😯😯

Good lord

Now that's comittment

I do the same thing, I have a tumbler, but almost never use it. But I don't consider it part of anything that is my least favorite part of reloading because it's not something that takes a lot of time. For me it's less time in the process than tumbling and making sure all the cleaning media is out of the cases and primer pockets.

Like Jim mentioned above, I do the same except instead of carb cleaner I use rubbing alcohol with a folded over paper towel or small rag to wipe any case lube oil off my cases. For me I like rubbing alcohol because it does a good job at removing the oil, doesn't stink, and evaporates fast.

Do I have polished brass? No. Do I always have clean and dry brass? Yes.

BTW Wolfshead, forgot to mention in my response, that's some good looking work you do there! That leather work has to take some time. Good job.

My least favorite used to be weighing powder until I got a chargemaster. That's still probably the slowest step. I'd probably say trimming or cleaning lube off after resizing.

Maybe.
I make knives and do leather work. In my retirement.
I’m okay (decent) at both, but I really enjoy it.
A lot of the work doing those things can be considered tedious as I do it all, mostly, by hand. (I have a grinder I use to help shape and bevel my blades and I use my drill press quite a bit).
That kind of work I find mindless and calming.
Also, I probably don’t load as many rounds as a lot of people do, keeping it in the 25-50 round range while loading for hunting or range work.
So it’s not all that bad.View attachment 18531View attachment 18532View attachment 18533View attachment 18534View attachment 18535
That is absolutely tremendous.

A+++ work right there

Yeah 20-50 rounds wouldn't be bad to clean by hand.

Seriously though your work above is great. Do you make anything for others?

That is absolutely tremendous.

A+++ work right there

Yeah 20-50 rounds wouldn't be bad to clean by hand.

Seriously though your work above is great. Do you make anything for others?
Thank you so much for your kind words!
I do and have made things for others.

Back