Least favorite step or task in reloading

The worst part for me is prepping new brass. I uniform the primer pocket, I deburr the flash hole, I check the length of the new brass and then make sure it is trimmed all to the same length. I only neck size the brass for the first firing and bump the shoulder after that at each loading. I deal with taking the lube off cases with a folded paper towel with alcohol on it, very simple to do.

You do excellent work with the knives and sheaths you make Wolfshead!

Maybe.
I make knives and do leather work. In my retirement.
I’m okay (decent) at both, but I really enjoy it.
A lot of the work doing those things can be considered tedious as I do it all, mostly, by hand. (I have a grinder I use to help shape and bevel my blades and I use my drill press quite a bit).
That kind of work I find mindless and calming.
Also, I probably don’t load as many rounds as a lot of people do, keeping it in the 25-50 round range while loading for hunting or range work.
So it’s not all that bad.View attachment 18531View attachment 18532View attachment 18533View attachment 18534View attachment 18535
Beautiful leather work sir! Much better than mine. CL

Another vote for trimming. I almost am ready to convert to shooting Ackleys exclusively.

Very welcome...!!!

I might have a couple things if you'd intetested in making
Sure thing.
Drop me a message and we’ll see what we can come up with!
I won’t be able to actually start it until after the start of the new year, probably the week of the fifteenth if that’s not a problem.

VçThe worst part for me is prepping new brass. I uniform the primer pocket, I deburr the flash hole, I check the length of the new brass and then make sure it is trimmed all to the same length. I only neck size the brass for the first firing and bump the shoulder after that at each loading. I deal with taking the lube off cases with a folded paper towel with alcohol on it, very simple to do.

You do excellent work with the knives and sheaths you make Wolfshead!
I used to do the flash hole deburr but it just didn't seem to make mich difference for me. I still clean them for sure.
Maybe you had a different experience

Maybe.
I make knives and do leather work. In my retirement.
I’m okay (decent) at both, but I really enjoy it.
A lot of the work doing those things can be considered tedious as I do it all, mostly, by hand. (I have a grinder I use to help shape and bevel my blades and I use my drill press quite a bit).
That kind of work I find mindless and calming.
Also, I probably don’t load as many rounds as a lot of people do, keeping it in the 25-50 round range while loading for hunting or range work.
So it’s not all that bad.View attachment 18531View attachment 18532View attachment 18533View attachment 18534View attachment 18535
My dad used to do a lot of leather work/tooling. Chaps, halters, bridles, holsters, sheaths, belts and on occasion, jackets. Not near as detailed as yours, but did a good job.

300 WSM, I don't know if it helps or not but I am pretty sure it doesn't hurt to do it. You only need to do it once anyhow.

Back