I couldn't resist, Winchester Model 70

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Ever since selling my nice 375 H&H Model 70, I've been wanting to buy another good-looking Winchester Model 70. This one showed up on my horizon, and I scooped it up!

Winchester Model 70 Super Grade, with the French walnut, chambered in 7mm Remington Magnum. You good folks know that is one of my favorite general purpose hunting cartridges. It's a lightly used rifle, one ding in the stock. I'm looking forward to scoping this one and hunting with it.

ag1t7iEh.jpg

I4oxnGch.jpg

Xk93lh5h.jpg

Regards, Guy

Oh, that is a beauty! Excellent choice! I am sure you will get good use out of it. Dan
Thanks! These indoor photos with my cell phone don't really show the stock very well. Looking forward to getting it out in the sunshine and taking some better photos with my good camera.

Thinking I'll top it with a 3.5-10x Leupold, or something similar.

Guy

Oh man, that is a gorgeous rifle. I hope you can get some good use out of it

Every day I curse FN for retiring lefty model 70s.

That is a beautiful rifle Guy, congratulations!
That rifle is up to the task for anything you would want to hunt with the 7 RM and with elegance.
Good choice on the optics although the VX-3HD 4.5-14x40mm or the VX5HD 3-15x42mm would have an advantage with a tad more magnification.
Wishing you much success with your new Super Grade M70.

JD338

What a beautiful rifle Guy! Way to go. Great cartridge also even though I'm really a 30-06 guy for my BIG cartridge game. I like the
4.5-14x40mm Leupold with the B&C reticle. That would be a great scope on that rifle. JD338's choice for the 3-15x42mm Leupold is super also. I can see a 160 gr. AccuBond screaming out of there at 3050 fps or so will be an "everything" killer for sure. Love the rifle Guy!!

Awesome rifle Guy! That will be a treasure for sure and all the better that it's in a chambering you already are accustomed to and like.

That is a rifle that is on my bucket list. If or when I find the right one in a chambering I'm looking for, and at a price that makes the deal. A lot to ask for in today's world, but I'll keep looking. You got that great rifle, and in the chambering you were looking for......I'm a little jealous! Great purchase, congrats! (y)

Back